What to expect from dealer when ordering

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by Redtime21, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Redtime21

Redtime21 Member

Hi All, I ordered my Raptor December 7th. I am interested in what I should be hearing from my dealer to know that my order is moving a long properly. Is there ever a reason a dealer would delay submitting an order? Like to make a month end goal or something?

I have a Sales Code FXXXXX and an order code RXXX. Priority code 19.

I was told I can’t track it on Cotus because it's a different division of Ford.

Is there an order received or confirmation code I should have been given by now? About how long should someone expect to get a VIN number or a build date? Thanks

2. JD06

JD06 Full Access Member

Wait till dealer gives you a build date Bd VIN number. When you get that you can call for updates with ford performance, or by Facebook message ford service.
    After truck build you can try pulling your door sticker on researchmaniacs.com.
    And keep checking wwwetisford.com

Outside of that hang on for the ride.

Redtime21 likes this.
  3. Kris Dawson

Kris Dawson Full Access Member

I would deal directly with Ford Performance instead of Facebook, in my experience "FP" always answers quick and is more precise than "FB"

Redtime21 likes this.
  4. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Concur with the previous statements. I ordered in early Sep and my dealer has been lacking in communication. The links provided are the best. Problem is until you have a VIN# which you have to get from your dealer you are stuck dead in the water.

One more thing, it's probably not a matter of your dealer not submitting your order. Your order was created and you have those details. It then becomes a matter of when the regional guy pulls that order which is based on multiple factors one of which is how many Raptors were allocated to your dealership. That said, it may depend on how many orders that dealership has gotten through already.

I'm betting the pace is picking up but it's still a wait from order to receive. I'm not thinking it's going to get down to the <90 days for some time........

Redtime21 likes this.
  5. Raptorenvy

Raptorenvy Full Access Member

If you have your dealer number and order number you can get info from Ford service as to when your order is pulled and vin number when available.

Kris Dawson likes this.