Update on redesigned liners for 2017 Raptor

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Low Rider, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    FedEx showed up this morning with the new liners. The drivers side went on with very little cursing, but it went on. Next was the passenger side, wish I would have done that one first.........don't fit. The liner hits the frame keeping it from going back all the way, so there is no way to get the screws to align up.
    Just called Husky and told them to send me a label as they are going back. I'll find a place that does LineX and get it over with.
    Time for an adult beverage.........or 2.

2. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

Hey Low Rider
    When you say the "new liners", do you mean the second edition liners that are now supposed to fit the Gen 2 Raptor?
    I ordered a pair about 2 months ago but sent them back because I heard others saying they didn't fit. Husky sent me a label and I returned them. A few days ago I received the newer liners that are supposed to fit, model #79141. Are these the ones you can not get to fit also?

3. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Just checked my invoice and they are the ones, the new ones, 79141. On top of the passenger side hitting the frame and not being able to go back far enough, the drivers side which did fit had less then an inch clearance between the back of the tire and the liner. I don't know maybe the sun wasn't in the right position. I'm not doing a third round with these damn things. Now I need to find a reputable dealer to spray it without getting it all over the shocks.

4. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

Hey Low Rider
    Thanks for the info. I called Husky and they said they are not aware of a problem with the new design having problems. Maybe others that reordered the newer liners can put in their $0.02 and I'll wait before trying to install.

5. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

Call Husky and tell em I said FUCK YOU! Check the other Thread "Wheel Well Liners"

6. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Good morning Zaid Dahabi, in fact I have checked your responses, so I know how delighted you are with Husky. Like I said the drivers side fit perfect, but the passenger side a completely different story. I put them back in the box, called Husky and said you can have them back, doing this twice was enough. I heard back from the local LineX dealer this morning and I'm stopping by later this morning to talk to him about doing it. I don't know anything about LineX but if they can do the entire underneath, I'll have it done.
    Thanks again for my morning laugh. You take care

7. vooodoo11

vooodoo11 Member

good idea line-x------------ im gonna do just that

8. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Good morning, just came back from the local LineX dealer and they are doing my truck Friday morning at 7:00am. I'll drop you a line and let you know how it turned out.

9. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

What are the charging if I may ask?

10. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

$250

11. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

that's the E ticket. LineX or Rhinoliner

12. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Since we keep talking about this, it baffles the mind why Ford, developing a vehicle like this didn't come with liners already on it and not having to go to an outside source to obtain them. Not taking nothing away from a Husky, I'm sure they will eventually get it right, just a shame they jumped the gun before all the kinks were worked out.
    Once I get mine back Friday, from LineX, I'll drop a line on what kind of job they did. I was very adamant about making sure the shocks were well covered and was assured they would be.
    Stay tuned for Chapter 2.

13. Zaid Dahabi

Morning Low! I think you made the better choice! However mine are fitted and i'm still screaming F Husky!
    Let us know what you come up with!

14. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Ok Guys, just got back from the LineX dealer, in by 7am and out by 8am.
    All I can say is WOW, what a fantastic job they did and not a speck on the shocks. So don't even hesitate about having it done. Total with taxes was $265 and worth every penny. Now I'm ready for winter.

Vikes91 likes this.
  15. Zaid Dahabi

Pictures please!