Stock head Unit questions

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Electronics' started by Jma21583, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Jma21583

Jma21583 Full Access Member

It was pretty specific. I don't know how asking for the specs on the sync3 system could have been ambiguous. Which still nobody seems to have any info on for the 18s.

2. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

No harm and no foul. It's your truck do as you may, customize YOUR ride to however you like.

I appreciate the feedback that it's my preference on shutting off the noise the FORD pumps in. Yes, it was my preference to get rid of it. But that's not why i'm telling you to do it. I'm referencing it because i've made the change and am aware of how much white noise it pumps through your speakers even when you think the system is off. I say this to everyone before they spend their money or use their time to make changes to the audio system. In your case, you want to swap speakers and it doesn't matter to you about the white noise. That's cool and i respect that. I've just offered advise based on experience, time and money.

If you ever find the amp, or learn what the power output is of the head unit without the amp..... Please post so that others know the information and can make informed decisions.

Whatever you chose to do, i hope you get the sound that your looking for and it makes you enjoy the drive time even more!!!!!!

Best of luck.

Vikes91 and Jma21583 like this.
  3. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Sooo... Why and what EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish? Yes, there is an amp that controls a lot more than just the stereo, which is why you have been advised to use Forscan to initiate changes so it doesn't screw with any other systems in the truck. If you would explain yourself just a little bit, that would be nice of you. As for actual wattage output of the system, I will ask Noah if he has the info and report back.

Jma21583 likes this.
  4. Jma21583

I just want to know the output from the head unit for new door speakers.

5. shelteredraptor

about 35 usable watts per channel

Jma21583 likes this.
  6. Jma21583

Awesome, thank you! Didn't happen to get a wire diagram by chance? If not no biggie!

7. shelteredraptor

I will ask him when he comes later today to my shop. He will be working on my truck for the next 5 days.

Jma21583 likes this.
  8. shelteredraptor

Sorry,forgot to ask him, I will today. Been a little busy.. Raptor stereo 1.jpg Raptor stereo 2.jpg

cyclers10 and Jma21583 like this.
  9. Jma21583

10. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

SHELTER - WOW - im thinkin a whole shiit tonne of end audio is going in there!!!! please keep us updated.... My next time on LI i gotta come out to Shelter Island and see your truck.. Would be nice to meet you too. YOUR MY KINDA PEOPLE... good luck with the install.

11. shelteredraptor

Well... It got power put to it tonight and Noah is rockin' out to pink noise till God knows when... It will be able to be listened to in the morning and then he will do a final tune tomorrow. The system has the heart of a Mosconi 6to8 managing Arc audio amps driving nice Focal speakers with Audiophile subs. The work was in completely gutting the interior and installing 3 rolls of Focal Bam and he must of had 20 hours into the sub box. This is a mid level build, equipment wise, but the trick is all in the tune. This is a S.Q. build, not a shit ton of bass or volume, just super clean. I'm not one to get too excited about stuff, but this has got me stoked with anticipation. He has done a few '17's already, and it shows when he taking the truck apart and putting it back together.

VT- come on down! We still have some leaves on the trees!

Jma21583 likes this.
  12. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

Hey Shelter - how goes the install brother ?

13. shelteredraptor

Hey, all done and tuned, Noah is the man! The soundstage is amazing considering all the stock speaker locations were used. Overall, the best thing we did was install all the Focal sound deadening. The truck is amazingly quiet now. Mosconi makes an awesome processor and it is really versatile with tuning in the right hands. I find that I just want to listen to wav files now because they sound the best to me. overall, worth every penny.