RVD's Order

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by rvdontheweb, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Here's what we assume to know at this point:
    1, you make your order with the dealer and they upload to ford
    2, you can get your order # from your dealer once it's transmitted and also find out that it was confirmed received
    3, priority doesn't mean a whole lot, most of us are 19
    4, your order then waits for the regional guy to select it and push it forward
    5, once this happens it's in queue for the plant to schedule it
    6, once it's assigned at the plant it's issued the vin # and a build date
    7, you have to get the vin# form your dealer
    8, once you have the vin# you be excited as you can see things coming to life, you can pull the window sticker, look up other info from the vin#, chat with Ford Performance for updates on the build and where the truck actually at.

All of this is what we've been through and have learned along the way to get to this point. Most of us got our orders in when the Ford started taking orders back in Aug. Communication and info on the actual process has been poor and mostly it's been what we've been put together holistically based on our experience and we also had someone here that worked at the plant who was providing some info. to further through a Monkey wrench into things for us was depending on your build date your truck got held up after build and stay sitting in a parking lot for a while. Part of which was timing of release and what we're being lead to believe was the trans needed to have the software re-flashed because of a programming error.

All that said, some people had early builds and are still waiting. I got my order in September and it was built on 12/23 and shipped just before the 1st. It's most likely in Denver already and i can pick it up soon. most likely do to my schedule it's going to still be 2/6 when i go get.

Hope this helps!!!!!

MrMaGnEtIc likes this.
  2. MrMaGnEtIc

MrMaGnEtIc Full Access Member

Rapere1 you cleared any questions I had up about the process thanks for the detailed description nicely written!!!! I'm pulling for you guys to get your trucks soon!!!

3. Rapere1

Your welcome, i'm sure there may be a detail or two i missed and https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

MrMaGnEtIc likes this.
  4. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

5. Rapere1

I'm more then a pretty face. hmmmmm

What's the etis thing?????

PAW RAPTOR likes this.
  6. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Pull it up put in your vin in the vehicle info and it verifies your build and your equipment group you ordered!

7. Rapere1

8. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

9. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

I prefer to use ford generated information for verification purposes whenever I can.

10. MrMaGnEtIc

One more question for you guys' as all of you have been a bunch of help. The sales manager called me today and let me know that I did get the last of 3 allocations. He said that the first allocation had already been pulled and given a build date, which I did not ask what that was, and he informed me the second allocation in front of me was obviously the next one that will be built before mine and it hasn't been assigned a build date yet. I guess what I'm trying to clear up is the allocation/build process. If a dealer (smaller local dealer) had 3 total allocations and #2 is still ahead of me is there gonna be a crazy long time frame before mine/3rd and final one is up. Don't really understand this sales code and order code but have seen people talk of the priority code which mine is the same as a lot of people 19. Any help would be appreciated, I've been going cross eyed searching other threads to find answers and it's not from a lack of trying as I know you all have been going through hell waiting long before I jumped on the bandwagon.

IMG_0549.JPG

11. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Unfortunately your question is completely up to ford in regards to how fast the build raptors. Most of us who have been dealing with the entire ford process can agree on one thing ! There is no confirmed process and communication from ford SUcKS!!!!!

Raptorenvy and MrMaGnEtIc like this.
  12. MrMaGnEtIc

Yeah I just didn't know if a dealership only had 3 allocations if the three trucks would be spread out over the entire year to be built/delivered

144Pilot likes this.
  13. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Here's a way too check the timeline on your build. Find out from your dealer how long it took for the 2 builds in front of you to get a build date from their order date. Ya see you have to do a shitload of research and comparisons on your own especially when it comes to timelines with ford !!

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  14. 144Pilot

144Pilot Member

I agree! So many dealers here in the Phoenix area are being Super Greedy - like $20K plus over MSRP. The ones that aren't playing all the games are swamped and have very little allocation left. Feel good about the $3K and just love the hell out of that truck! I was shocked at what my 2012 Raptor with 39K miles was worth!

MrMaGnEtIc likes this.