Raptor to get GT500 5.2L SC V8

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by brianh87, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Adam

Adam Full Access Member

WHO IS US, what a joke you are. Why are you not banned in this forum. Show your Raptor or gtfo

Gdog likes this.
  2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Dude, 8 year old kids can't own a Raptor.

Gdog and Adam like this.
  3. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Ah Vikes.... 8 year olds can have a Raptor, just like his mama:cool:

Raptor.jpg

4. MDakaDoctorD

MDakaDoctorD Member

Great point - those whining for a V8 just don’t get it.

5. MDakaDoctorD

MDakaDoctorD Member

It could very well be a high-profit (off the shelf) special edition send-off to this generation Raptor as we won’t see the next gen until 2022? (Thinking the next F150 will be a MY21??, so a year later for the Raptor??). It’s also a relatively easy (off-the-shelf) answer to any competition from the RAM rumors coming to fruition.

6. Gregory Hoeve

Gregory Hoeve Active Member

I quite literally just got my Raptor back from my mechanic after the Turbo spacer , COBB Stage II and Corsa Performance X-Pipe delete exhaust system install. It sounds GREAT, to me at least. For the "It's too loud" crowd all I can say is "So is my damn V-8" when it had a bitch'n exhaust set up on it. Also, just these mods make a feelable difference in performance, and I have not flashed the tune yet.

So, all I can say is stop trying to be what you aren't (A V-8) and start being what you are, but do it really really well. Make YOUR TT V-6 one crazy ass TT V-6 and be good with it.

I say this all with respect and a smile on my face, so take it in stride please.

Thanks,

Gdog likes this.
  7. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Glad the Cobb goodies worked out for you!!

8. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

I agree with your point. However, the 3.5 ecoboost reliability is plain awful. The unacceptable inherent design flaws are what is pushing the need for a replacement engine. I don't care what it is, but anything will be more reliable than the 3.5 ecoboost.

9. Adam

Adam Full Access Member

someone needs to replace you

10. Waywardgypsy

Waywardgypsy Member

At 450hp out of the box and only 3.5L, I'll take it. Wait, I did...Anyway and as we all know, there are lots of go fast bits out there for these motors. 600 or 700hp in these trucks is not hard to do with TT. Like Gregory did, open up the motor and let it breathe. How you go about doing that is the fun part. We kind of need the 450hp to overcome the stock weight these trucks carry. My only gripe is these trucks should come stock with a big brake kit or something better than what's on there. It's a performance vehicle, it should brake like one. IMHO, I think the GT500 V8 is overkill and will be the price I'm sure. With that kind of power, Ford should have to give it a big brake kit.

RipReturns likes this.