Proper way to level 2019

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Brendan Kelly, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Brendan Kelly

Brendan Kelly New Member

New to the raptor scene here - coming from the HD trucks where everything rids like shit no matter what.

Can anyone provide solid information on the best way to level one of these trucks I’ve been searching forum after forum and I keep coming up short on info. What is the best way new springs (progressive rate) / perch adjustment collars / coil over spacers ?

(Coilover spacers)
    Everyone says that the spacers will tear up cv joints - but why? Correct me if I am wrong if you change the ride height of the truck you are going to increase the angle of the cv joint no matter how you do it.

(Perch collars)
    The idea of the perch collar is to shorten the length of the coil spring in turn making it stiffer which raises the height of the truck - does the truck ride worse in the front because of this?

(Progressive rate coils)
    Longer? Stiffer? do they ride better than a perch collar?

Any insight would be awesome Thanks!!

2. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

I definitely would not do that on this truck.

3. Brendan Kelly

Brendan Kelly New Member

Would not do what exactly? Or just dont level it in general

4. bravo3eco

Don't level it in general. If you do, ride characteristics change, plus it actually makes the back of the truck lower than the front. Nobody wants Carolina squat:)

Brendan Kelly likes this.
  5. Dougr

Dougr New Member

I used the RPG perch collar
    2 &1/4" set up and leveled truck perfect
    No issues at all , ride might be a little stiffer
    But not that noticeable

Brendan Kelly likes this.
  6. LeCreaux

LeCreaux New Member

I think it’s just a cosmetic thing. I have no plans to “level” mine or mess with any of the designed geometry. I also tow an RV so the last thing I want is the front higher than the back.

7A7EE537-6AA6-4562-A0A5-2BAFB08A598D.jpeg

Raptor62430 and bravo3eco like this.
  7. bravo3eco

Agree - these level kits are a complete joke. They make the front sit higher than the back. No idea why you want that in a truck used for mix road/off-road. A stadium truck purpose built, yes. Otherwise... Just a no on the Carolina squat.

8. Raptor62430

Raptor62430 Active Member

Hey brendan, i looked at perch, but went with eibach springs, and im really happy with the results. They aye a higher rate spring, yet dont really get a stiff feeling from the front.

top pic is stock, bottom is the new and improved badass look

15AACE60-0C8F-42AC-937C-C1DDBADFF2B0.jpeg

948B3C44-237C-40ED-9B50-271DFE054EEA.jpeg

Blockaderunner and FLG2Raptor like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M New Member

Raptor62430 - Truck looks great. Did you put any leaf springs on the back to offset the eibach springs? And did you look into larger tires or was the lift not enough? Thanks!

10. Blockaderunner

Blockaderunner Full Access Member

Brendan, welcome to you and all new owners. I haven't been on in awhile but FYI bravo3echo DOES NOT even own a Raptor. His claim to fame here is the resident Troll/whiner who has a hard on for the 3.5. (Check his postings).
    Now that that has been said.
    I understand where you're questions come from. My thought with the perch collars is it cuts the travel range of the shock.
    I've also thought of the spacers and still think thats feasable but the thing I've seen that most Raptor owners seem to get the most satisfaction from is replacing the stock springs with Eibachs.
    There are plenty of articles out here and plenty of opinions but I can tell I don't need to say do your homework cause you obviously are.
    Either way you go, keep me abreast.
    Good luck

Brendan Kelly and Raptor62430 like this.