Out in the cold...

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by wparish81, Jan 26, 2017.

1. wparish81

wparish81 Full Access Member

IMG_2374.PNG

I usually check in with my dealer on the second and fourth Thursday of the month.. This is what I got today...
    ...... they closed at 2000 central...
    Guess this is what I get for putting 10k down on a truck that hasn't been built yet...

2. MrMaGnEtIc

MrMaGnEtIc Full Access Member

When did you place your order and did you have people ahead of you as far as allocations?

3. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

I placed my order Nov.3 they said I'm next that's all I get, no build date I'm thinking 1st of April but that's ok. It's been 35-40 degrees so all the roads are salty and shit.

4. wparish81

Allegedly... one in front of me...

Shadow Black SCAB, 802A, Clr Acc Pkg, CF Pkg, Teck Pkg, Moon Roof
    Order Date: 14Oct2016
    Build Date:#hurryupandwait....

5. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

So you've placed your order and put some coin down. The then submits that order and it sits until the regional Ford guy pulls it and put's it in queue at the factory. Yes, we've all been through this. Hurry up and wait.

Once your order gets pulled, give it a week and then you should be able to get your vin and a bunch of info will come after that.

MrMaGnEtIc likes this.
  6. wparish81

I shouldn't whine... especially among those who ordered last July and are just now getting their truck.. I suppose my biggest gripe isn't so much the wait.. More the lack of customer service by way of periodic updates from my salesperson. Even if it was once a month.. A lot of that has to do with the fact, as you put it, that I "put some coin down". You would think 10k would at least buy me a monthly sitrep..

7. MrMaGnEtIc

My neighbor paid for his truck in full in mid august and just took delivery a week ago, just the way the cookie crumbles. He got his for MSRP but that's a lot of change to shell out just to wait. At least I got to make fun of him for driving the families spare dodge caravan for half a year. Looks who's laughing now though!!!

8. wparish81

Lol.. as I'm just a lowly S-76 Gulf of Mexico oil and gas pilot. To drop that kinda cash is several years of work over out of my reach.

9. Rapere1

Think of the upside boys, you're learning from those of us that got in line last July. There's nothing to help the process but we've learned the process and know how to navigate getting some info once things get to a certain point.

Lack of communication from all of sales reps tarnishes the Ford brand as it reflects on the company for not preparing the sales force with good intel.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  10. MrMaGnEtIc

I hear ya! Never made the move to offshore, just something about having to wait for a boat ride or helicopter to take be back to land!!!! I like knowing the fact I can leave whenever I want lol! Lotta respect for you though, you fly out of Port Fourchon?

11. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

well said Rapere!! can we amend your statement to include those of us who got in line last july? And have learned the process? LOL

12. wparish81

To answer MrMagnEtic.... Houma, although we do have a base in Fourchon that i use occasionally for a fuel stop.

To the the latter.... I can't tell you how valuable this site has become to me. Both for information and encouragement. I promise I will get back in my high chair now and keep my whining to myself, because as you have stated, Many of you here have been treated like mushrooms since JULY..

13. Rapere1

Just for you GDOG, done....

14. Rapere1

Yes, but the longer this goes on it does feel like magic mushrooms!!!!! Leave us in the dark, feed us little confusing and wrong information and let us grow pissed off!

[​IMG]

blackhole and MrMaGnEtIc like this.
  15. MrMaGnEtIc

Finally someone else is on board with the memes!!!!! They help pass the stress and bring smiles to everyone! Well played Rapere1.....well played!!!