Newbie 2017 Avalanche Love the thing 32k miles Front noise issue with Video?????

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Chris Mac, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Chris Mac

Chris Mac Member

Hi Newbie to the forum....I have an appointment at Novato Ford the 22nd...so that's a solid week of speculation.....Front end noise from what sounds like driver front....Utube link to sound below....

Well I was headed to Mex with the boys last week towing a can am and started getting a weird vibration in the front right or that area??? It would come and go...almost felt like a light duty heat shield or something vibrating in the wind?? Looked a couple times for it....not sure if related or but there's a good bit of oil under the truck and in the wheel well? I did have the oil changed a few months ago at jiffy lube....

So turned around 40 miles outside of the bay area and went back and switched to a buddies truck.....just drove it for an hour on the freeway and got nothing out of it no noise. I did shift in 4x4 around town so maybe that was something? On the way home got it 5 or 6 times and shockingly was able to get a decent video/sound of it....link below....it vibrates and makes noise for 5-6 seconds then half the time you get a solid clunk and it goes away for a bit?

I have read wheel bearing, vacumn lines etc.....really not sure......I would love to have a direction to point the dealer at next week....I know they will drive it a 1/4 mile and say "I don't know what your talking about we didn't hear sh$t"

anyways speculation and conjecture time...…I have had the truck for a few years and love the thing...

Link to utube video

https://youtu.be/dwAuLh3FSDA

Appreciate the help

Chris