New Raptor, towed for first time

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Ray Robson, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MDakaDoctorD

MDakaDoctorD Member

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but has anyone got the hitch issue covered under warranty - I installed a Pakmule (hitch haul) and noticed that it angles down toward the ground. Turns out this appears to be a known problem whereby the hitches were not installed properly at the factory. Before I reach out to the dealer, I wanted to get feedback from the community.

2. Blockaderunner

Blockaderunner Full Access Member

I've hauled a couple of pallets of pavers and castle stones (separately) and got sag. No strain or lack of engine/transmission response just rear end sag.

3. slow6

slow6 New Member

Around 7500-8000 pounds with Side by side loaded. Rear icon springs set at option 2 and the SVC rear bump stops with 2.5 Fox bumps. Geiser springs in front. I use a Curt WDH, truck pulls it just fine. Main limiting factor Is the rear spring. Stock springs are complete shit anyway you won’t regret changing them. I only tow the trailer maybe four long trips a year, 250 Miles one way then just shorter 30 mile trips.
    I wouldn’t hesitate to pull a heavier load but I don’t think I’d tow anything bigger, cross winds and/or passing tractor trailers are bad enough at higher speeds with this trailer.

9B6832A1-FAEA-4810-AEE4-BDFA42BC94AF.jpeg