New 2019 Raptor from South Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Palmetto_Raptor, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Palmetto_Raptor

Palmetto_Raptor New Member

New 2019 Raptor here...

Mods so far...

1. Baja Designs Unlimited Fog lights from CJ. Love them. I run the S2 pros all the time. They are great for lighting close in and off sides and as long as I run them aimed about level I don't get people flashing me.

The Squadron Racer Editions in Spot and Squadron Pros are a whole different deal. They are crazy bright. WAY brighter than factory headlights. You'll wreck people running those on the street.

Don't know what Ford was thinking not putting fog lights on the Raptor. It's WAY to dark up close without them.

2. Du-Ha under rear seat storage. Fit's Raptor perfect and fits on top of factory rear rubber floor mat.

3. Autostop Eliminator AE003 from CJ. I put it in myself in about 10 minutes. I HATE autostop! What 'tard dreamed this up? This little gadget is worth it's weight in gold.

4. Gorilla black chrome Locking Lug Nuts 96644BDX from Summit Racing. Look way better than chrome on my wheels. Ordered a spare key socket from Gorilla's site soon as I got the set.

5. Diode Dynamics LED Tag Lights. Not too bright but look so much better than the yellow non-LED factory bulbs.

6. Weatherguard black low profile aluminum diamond plate tool box on order. Part no. 121-5-01. Kinda iffy on this. Weatherguard seems to be having some major quality problems lately. Pics of welds on their boxes in reviews are horrible. Hopefully I'll get a good one.

Nate4x4, leftsidej and Gdog like this.
  2. leftsidej

leftsidej Member

Gorgeous truck!

3. brianh87

brianh87 Active Member

Congrats! That color was near the top of my list with Agate Black and Ruby Red. Enjoy it.

4. Palmetto_Raptor

Palmetto_Raptor New Member

Just an update. Got my Weatherguard box shipped to local Home depot. Went and picked it up yesterday. No holes in the shipping box and no dents in the box itself. Welds were not good but tolerable. Put the box on my truck and lid won't latch unless I get in the bed of the truck and slam it and then sometimes only one side will catch. Weatherguard has a video on youtube on how to fix their boxes by putting a rubber mallet between the lid and the box and then pressing down to try and warp the lid so that it will close. Haven't tried this yet. Will tomorrow. Tempted to just return it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  5. brianh87

brianh87 Active Member

I hate when stuff like that happens. I would just return it. No acceptable.

Vikes91 likes this.
  6. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Welcome. Nice color.

7. Nate4x4

Nate4x4 Active Member Military

:welcome:aboard the forums and thanks for joining.