Narrowband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Angus McRaptor, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Angus McRaptor

Angus McRaptor Member

Looking for advice in installing a Narrowband Air/Fuel ratio gauge. Need to know stuff like where is the Air/Fuel Ratio Oxygen sensor etc...? Starting from ground zero here.

2. brianh87

brianh87 Active Member

Our vehicles do not have a narrowband O2 sensor. Ford started using wideband O2 sensors in a lot of platforms for better control for fuel economy / power. There is already an AFR readout on the dash that you can select to monitor if you want that. The sensor itself is located in the downpipes before the cat on each bank.

What are you trying to accomplish here? If you were just interested in a narrowband readout, I'm not sure if you can still use the wideband O2 sensor to get that data. You may need to add a narrowband O2 sensor. All that will tell you is stoic, lean, and rich. Not very useful. Let us know your goals here.

3. Angus McRaptor

Angus McRaptor Member

Yep. Based on more research consistent with your input, I’m going with wide band. Even if I don’t tune, I’ll get an accurate / precise reading. Now I need to figure out the installation.

4. Jma21583

Jma21583 Full Access Member

Just go with something like the banks iDash 1.8 . Plugs into your obd2 port and that's it.