Military AutoSource (MAS) ordering

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by INTEL DRIVEN, Aug 3, 2016.

1. INTEL DRIVEN

INTEL DRIVEN Full Access Member

This is for you folks ordering through (MAS). This is the latest I got from my dealer. Hope it helps, and I am crossing my fingers that I get mine by turkey time! Unless someone has something different...enjoy.

"The reason we can't do it yet is we have to wait for the details to be added to our System. Generally we would have the specs before the Pricing and order guide is released to the public but that didn’t happen for some reason this year and caused us a bit of a headache. Hopefully we will be good to go around mid month, as soon as we have our system update I will get you into the office my man.

With regards to the Ordering and that, The Stateside dealers can take their orders but can't actually submit them to the factory as of yet, The priority numbers would be based off the dealer itself based on who put down their money 1st. Once we swap over your deposit we will get a dedicated delivery date. Vehicles leaving the factory will again be based on the order that they are submitted and that would be from dealers and ourselves, I would just stick with estimate delivery date of Dec / Early Jan for the time being and if we can get it any earlier that will be a bonus."

By a MAS agent.

Raptor671 likes this.
  2. means2212

means2212 Active Member Military

Talked to my MAS agent today, said that they just got the 2017 F-150 in the order system but it came with a message that specs for the raptor were delayed and wouldn't be able to order just yet... Just a heads up, sounds like we're getting close

3. INTEL DRIVEN

I saw that note too, thank you. My guy today mentioned that Monday there will be some new news in regards to whether we can order or not. But he is certain something is coming out before or Monday due to all the fuss about it now. Not to mention, its the mid-month of one month before production starts....cross your fingers!

Thank you!

4. brownbag72

brownbag72 Member

5. means2212

Well I didn't hear anything hope you may have, I'll be checking in with him tomorrow just in case

6. INTEL DRIVEN

I am done checking! I am going to wait till next month and if there is no updates, I am pulling my deposit. I know I can find someone in the states that can sell me one/order it.

7. means2212

I started the same thing, to be honest though I may just look into a 250

8. nacho

nacho New Member

I remember back in 2010. I had ordered the GEN 1 before the 6.2 was released. Halfway through my deployment, the 6.2 became an option and I jumped on it. MAS was called Exchange Auto Sales. They didn't know the Raptor was a special F150 so they treaded it just like the other F150s in terms of rebates and what not. MSRP total for mine built was 45k....Rebates and matched down payment of 1000 brought it down to 37k out the door. A couple months later, they got wise and offered only 500 off the Raptor.

I'm currently in Qatar and have yet to even hit up the rep here about the GEN2. I have to sell/trade my 2015 F150 XLT to even think about ordering.

9. INTEL DRIVEN

Are you saying their price will be stupid high? Tell me, do you think its best to wait for these type trucks to come out before I start ordering? Maybe because this is my first time trying to own one/ trying to buy a truck that hasn't been built yet, but do you think specs/colors/ and price will change as they produce more? I kinda want to own before Baby Jesus is born again.

Any info will be greatly appreciated,

Chris

10. nacho

nacho New Member

With MAS, the earlier into your deployment or tour you order, the better. Anything you throw at it is a downpayment and you get to reel in whatever rebates or promotions they have on the truck. Could be minimal on the raptor, but it's something.

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  11. means2212

Well MAS is now saying that Ford has told them that production of the Raptor is delayed and that they aren't sure when it will begin. I feel somewhat lucky that I won't really need to pick it up until February or March. Something tells me MAS has no idea what's going on and their independent sales reps are just saying words.

If folks back home start getting their delivery dates before MAS says it's available I'm jumping ship.

12. INTEL DRIVEN

I HOPE A MAS REP is reading this. That's exactly what I am saying all these time. I even went on MAS website and did an online chat, and the nerd that was on there said the same thing my rep said.

2 COAs here in my opinion;

1. MAS is clueless on what is going on and not giving two sheets of what is going on all these forums and sales in the states/their competitors.

2. MAS knows something at the New York office level and they are waiting to get their Ps and Qs together before they open their banks/mouth up. This would allow them to better serve the few/many customers they have. MAS may be behind in putting their orders in and getting their vehicles, but at least they will not disappoint their customers if they have any questions about the Raptor. Everything I have read in all the forums are speculations. Yes, people have ordered their trucks, but they ordered through a dealer and not Ford. The dealers can conduct a sweet talk all day long, but they are not the ones producing these beasts. And they sure are not the ones in control of what Big Ford does or fail to do. It's like you promising me you will get me a Raptor/an item that you don't even have in your hands. And to make it worse, you're betting/hoping that Dave (Ford) down the streets gives you enough Raptors with all the specs you promised Chris on time. Madness!

It's frustrating but I am optimistic that something will give. 22nd next month is technically Fall season starts. They said "Fall" so now we wait and see if Fall is the green light for us to invest.

Best of luck on where you are at. Be safe!

Chris

13. Alex Wilson

Alex Wilson Member

Chris,

Here is what my rep is saying:

We've been told they should be released within the first two weeks of September so, all going well, we can get a Raptor assigned to you and you'll then be able to pick your packages etc.

The second I get a notification from Ford, I will drop you an email and tell you what the status is.

In the meantime, that's everything for now Sir.

I've submitted the documents to our headquarters so you're all set.

There's normally no lottery for Raptors. It just depends on the amount of interest we have in them and how many get allocated to us.

They will be assigned first to the people that have their deposits in the system and an order opened up.

I cannot guarantee that you will definitely get one but we are allocated a lot more units than Stateside dealers so you have a much better chance at getting one from us than you would from a dealer Stateside. Plus, it will be at a much lower price than from a Stateside dealer.

But again, if for some reason we don't get allocated enough units to cover the amount of interest and you don't get one allocated to you then your $500 deposit will be refunded.

What I will say is that you have a much, much higher chance of getting a Raptor than the gt350 as we should have a lot more units to assign to people.

Some context:

I asked about the lottery system...I had tried to order a GT350 with no luck and ended up going through a stateside dealer (MSRP). I just hope the Raptor isn't a lottery system. Shouldn't be. Not near the limited run numbers like the 350.

Are you guys being told the same thing? No lottery? Just waiting on order banks to open?

Hope all is well,

Alex

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  14. means2212

I was told that the Raptor isn't production limited by their marketing manager and that they had no reason to do a lottery as they would get as many as they want. That was when I contacted them directly skipping my local sales guy. They also told me that Ford informed them the Raptor is delayed and that they weren't sure when they would be able to order. I put a deposit with them back in Febuary so hopefully they go by date of deposit if it ends up being the way he explained it to you. Either way let us know if you get any other info. I have started contacting dealers back in the states just in case.

15. means2212

I was just told that MAS has specs now, just waiting to confirm allocation so they can start ordering.