looking for allocations

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by gunnersguru, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Randy

Randy Active Member

I was told by a good friend that co owns a small dealership in Utah that when the allocations were done they were supposed to get 5 allocations and in January ford told them that they were only going to get 3 of the 5 that were allocated to them, so they had 2 very upset pre order customers and these were long time customers. He was upset but ford does what they want sounds like. Not saying this is what happened to you just fyi. Also I wasn't able to get a raptor from him either.

gunnersguru likes this.
  2. gunnersguru

gunnersguru Full Access Member

the looking is over , today I sat down with a dealer and placed an order for my super cab raptor . he said it might take 3 or 4 months but its DUN done. I will keep up with the up dates as they happen. thanks to all members that helped in any way. and a big thank you to member Randy , he has put in hours and hours to help me find one and we don't even know each other . thanks Randy

Randy likes this.
  3. SoapCreek

SoapCreek Member

Congrats on getting one located.

4. Miko

Miko Member

One thing I can think is if they find someone that is willing to pay the higher price then, they will tell you it was sold. I posted a few weeks back on my dealings with this one ford dealer here in Tampa. Bill Curie ford. The sales guy took me to the back lot and showed me this Black Raptor and have all the necessary options I wanted. Everything Except for stickers and CF and no Beadlock. I like the deadlocks though. One of the guys had mentioned that it was already sold but the rep said that he may be able to swing it where its going to be mine. Well, 20 mins later, the rep told me it was $20K above MSRP and I said nope and I had some type of Certificate of Guarantee from Truecar.... but my point is that dealers would've given it to me if I had paid $20K or even $7K above MSRP that day.

5. Randy

Randy Active Member

I just received this email from a local dealer that has one to sell it is $5000 over.

See download below

I was going back through my system and noticed that you inquired on a Ford Raptor. I currently have a 2017 new Raptor for sale. If you are still looking I have attached a copy of the window sticker and the price is $72,535
    Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

Thank You,

Randy Peirce
    [​IMG]
    Mid Valley Ford
    Internet Manager
    503-623-8361
    503-269-7825 cell
    www.salemford.com[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. zer0t

zer0t Member

I paid 5 over and it was by far the best deal I could find. Some dealers are 15-20 in certain areas.

7. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

I finally received some news. I have a VIN number from my dealer and according to Ford Performance(1-800-367-3788) my Raptor will be produced the week of March 27. Ford suggested I call back about a week prior to get a definite build date.
    My truck was not ordered at a large truck dealer and I was number two in line. The first order came in about a month ago. I asked my dealer to place me on a buyer's list in January '16. I completed and signed a preview order for a lightning blue Scab with 802 pkg., bed cover, spray bed liner and smokers pkg. for MSRP. By the time my truck arrives, it will be about six months since completing order - similar to others in this Forum.
    Thanks to all for the support and providing info. Now the anxiety level really increases hoping I won't experience the problems that Intel did. When the truck arrives and I add some goodies, I'll send some photos if I can figure out how to do so.
    To those who recently ordered, good luck and hang in there. If you have to wait for a 2018 model, the bugs might be worked out.

Randy likes this.
  8. gunnersguru

congrats redtail17

9. gunnersguru

I got an update on my truck build . it is up for scheduling and will get the build date and eta info next week .

10. wparish81

wparish81 Full Access Member

Nice.. congrats! That's when time comes to a screeching halt..

11. gunnersguru

what are you talkin about , its stopped

redtail17 and wparish81 like this.
  12. gunnersguru

update : ordered on 2/23/17 got the vin 4/1/17 build date 4/9/17

13. gunnersguru

and eta of 4/17/17 . I was planning on a henry ford plant tour on 4/18 but I think its too late.

14. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

We did the Henry ford museum and rouge plant tour over this past thanksgiving. Highly recommend it!!

15. gunnersguru

so my truck is to be built on Sunday 4/9 and delivered on 4/17 . after its built is there a way to track its movements till its home