Little spec spots all over outside and windows ?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Detailing' started by blackhole, Mar 18, 2017.

1. blackhole

blackhole Full Access Member

nevermind. detail shop cleaned it up. looked like chemical or really hard water spots that needed some elbow grease

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

Did they look like these by any chance? Recieved my truck 5 Days ago and I just noticed these white marks on the vents!

Help Please!

20170419_145007.jpg

20170419_145020.jpg

20170419_145032.jpg

20170419_145035.jpg

3. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

looks like hard water spotting.

4. Greg

Greg Full Access Member

I have had a few issues with orange and black specs I am having trouble getting out of my clear coat when I get up close to it. It isn't like a drove down a street while it was being painted, but the stuff seems to stick and I am driving dry roads with the exception of 1 day. Not sure at this point whether I can get them off without taking some of the clear coat with it.

Anyone else having a similar problem? Little disappointed in the paint quality of this thing at this point!

5. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

a good cleaner wax - NON abrasive should take it off - might need a little elbow grease.. I use KLASSE cleaner and sealer (red bottle) first when ever i have a spot washing wont get off. If that doesn't wok next step is a very MILD compound - like a polishing compound. Lots to choose from - I use Griots. Go easy. I'd be shocked if polishing compound wont get the spots off. Remember after you compound you must polish or wax because you have left the paint exposed. I am a clean freak and a former detailer, i'd say the paint is not exactly german but I think its pretty good. I dont know if there is difference in colors - i have the avalanche and I like the way it cleans and looks great with a good polish on it.. my .02 good luck

6. AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What you are seeing is probably "rail dust", which is metallic particles from the brakes of the transport rail cars that gets bonded to the clear coat. Even if your truck was not shipped by rail, when the trucks are sitting in the lot waiting for transport, there are rail lines nearby which can result in rail dust.

To remove the specs, try using a Clay Bar.

Check out this video for an explanation and how-to: