License plate relocation bracket

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by Low Rider, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

posted this on one of the other forums. For those of us who have a front license plate, no more drilling into the front of the bumper. CJ Pony has a new bracket that installs on the bottom of the bumper so the inter cooler gets more air, and the best part, the tag can be removed. They have a great video showing how it mounts.

2. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN Active Member

3. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

This relocation is a bad idea. Ford had to put the license plate in the center so that it would help cut air flow to the intercooler and reduce the opportunities for condensate buildup. Research the intercooler condensate buildup that causes misfires and you will see that the problem has never been solved.

4. gunnersguru

gunnersguru Full Access Member

my only thought is it would be easy to steal the plate , pull the pin and its gone . there is another post about mounting the eom mount in the same area. your still drilling two small holes in the skid plate. for me , my plate is still on the dash/windshield

5. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

My relocation bracket is the pocket on the back of my seat.

6. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

My relocation kit is on the floor in the back. Fuck that shit I'm not spending over 2 k on a add front bumper and drilling holes in it to mount a front plate. Not happening

shelteredraptor likes this.
  7. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Here's my front plate IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

8. xBryanHoodsx

xBryanHoodsx Active Member

You realize only some states have a front plate and raptors come without the mount in those states....and airflow doesn't cause condensation or they would never make front mounts inn oh I don't know every turbo performance car... your as bad as Sasquatch on the frf forum... full of bullshit

Jaws285 likes this.