Hennessy

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by DarthKinetic, Jan 14, 2017.

1. DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic Active Member

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

you're kidding right?

3. DarthKinetic

Well after I dug through the other forum it seem this guy isnt well liked.

Adam likes this.
  4. shelteredraptor

dig through any forum. Viper. CTSV. It's amazing they're still in business. There will be plenty of reputable shops modding these soon enough.

5. DarthKinetic

Thats too bad.
    Im curious who is going to be the Go To for enhancing the Gen2 Raptor then?

6. Gregory Hoeve

Gregory Hoeve Active Member

I have a complete COBB Stage II kit on the way. It includes a new CAI, larger relocated Intercooler, Turbo exhaust spacers, new AccessPort V3 with tunes for everything from 91 octane up to E85. I have also ordered a Corsa full exhaust system with the resonator delete option.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...2-power-package-silver-f-150-raptor-2017-2018

https://www.apollo-optics.com/produ...exhaust-system-14397gnm?variant=5605847236638

Also, I have a big brake kit, 6 piston front/4 piston rear, on the way from R1 Concepts.

I'll post when all the parts have arrived and been installed.

7. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

So what kind of numbers are you getting from the upgrades?

8. shelteredraptor

Yes, please share reported gains with the group, very interested to see results.

9. Mike Saad

Mike Saad New Member

Very interested in your results.

10. Gregory Hoeve

All of my parts have arrived, with the exception of the brake kit and the Intercooler. I am about 3 weeks out most likely, from receiving them. I do not have ready access to a dyno, so all I will be able to offer is my "Seat of the Pants" opinion on how it all works. I intend to make all the mechanical mods and take it for a spin, and then add the Cobb Tune and do the same. Wish me luck!

I would also like to add that Apollo Optics has been working with me, and I find them to be very professional and knowledgeable. I used to play with my vehicles quite a lot in times past, and even spent about 15 years actually manufacturing hot rod parts for custom Harley-Davidsons. I know when I'm speaking with someone who knows THEIR business. Nick at Apollo Optics should be on your short list of contacts for Raptor mods. Nick kept me up to date on shipment confirmations and tracking info at every step.

Just Say'n!

Adam likes this.
  11. Adam

Adam Full Access Member

Nick is a solid dude. Cant wait for details and numbers

12. Gregory Hoeve

Apollo-Optics informs me the rest of the Stage II kit is out for delivery, should be in my shop by Monday. I hope to have it all installed by this time next week.

I am truly curious what all the mods will do for the truck. Yuppers, I sure am!

Adam likes this.
  13. Gregory Hoeve

ALL my parts came in the other day. I'm off to visit my favorite Wrench, who will be installing them for me today. I'm 54 years old and I have not had this much fun with my toys since I was a 9 year old.

Hard parts first and an ad hoc evaluation of what they feel like compared to stock. This weekend, I'll flash the ECU with my AccessPort from Cobb. I imagine that's when the real fun begins.

BTW, I had an hour or two to kill last Friday and took my wife and son out to the local Off Road Park. Got the Raptor to 25deg of incline going up and down the hills. Never once did it even chirp a tire, just CRAWLED it's way up like it was noth'n! Freaked the hell out of my Old Lady. My son said it was the best off road ride he'd had since qualifying in a HumVee during Basic Training. ;-)

Mike Saad and Adam like this.