Help Needed From Gen2 SuperCab owners in CA

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by redtail17, Jun 22, 2017.

1. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

If there are any Gen2 SuperCab owners living in the Santa Ana, Tustin or Irvine areas of CA, please respond to this thread. I need help in regards to AMP Research.

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Okay. I'll bite. WHY would you want those on this truck? They don't like to get dirty, and the stock boards are pretty sweet. I could see if you were gonna put sliders on, but retractables just don't seem right...

And yes, I know that's not the help you were looking for, I couldn't resist though.

3. redtail17

Both my wife and I are 69 and have issues with arthritis. The power steps are several inches lower and easier to make that first step. Then why did I buy a Raptor - it's the only extended full size cab that will fit in my garage. Regular cabs don't give me the extra space I like for passengers/gear and F150's are 12 inches too long.

Ok, you guys can now add a cane to that picture of the old guy who is not tech savvy. But as long as I can go 4 wheelin, huntin and shootin with my Kimbers - life is good!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    gunnersguru likes this.
  4. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

no intent to hijack - but - i own several Kimbers, both long ones and short one. Made in NY - awesome firearms.. Good luck with the Raptor.

5. redtail17

Thanks VT. My favorite is the 22 Hornet. With a 45gr. Nosler and Winchester 680 powder(neither no longer in production), it's devasting on white tails with a head or neck shoot. Haven't had the opportunity to use the handgun in a real life situation, and hope not to do so.

6. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Hmm, my 13 FX4 was the same length as my Raptor so I think you have some bad intel there. But it really doesn't matter, the Raptor is a nice on road vehicle too and that's where 99% of mine is going to live. So no need to explain yourself to me. Now if you lowered the truck......

7. redtail17

My 2017 Raptor SuperCab is 220 inches. It appears your Raptor is a SuperCrew and it is the same length as an F150 which is 232 inches. I don't know anything about lowering the suspension - I like the ground clearance which is more than an F150. With that in mind, I always planned on AMP Power Boards when making my Raptor purchase. But they have a problem in developing an Emergency Brake Cable relocation bracket specifically for the SCAB, not the SCREW.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017