Hello from Middle-TN

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by acmtn, Nov 1, 2018.

1. acmtn

acmtn Member

Picked up my new Ruby 2018 just about over a week ago. Except for some tiny annoyances, pleased with it over the last 600ish miles.

802A+TP moonroof+Step+Tech+Wheels+Heated Rear seats+spray liner.

Mods so far: oil can and 21" antenna (stock was scraping the ceiling in my work's parking garage). Also have applied FORScan mods = no more dinging with startup, doors, seatbelts. No more fake engine noise. Heated/cooled seats icon added to climate screen, and auto-fold mirrors when locking/starting truck. Also changed the BT name to Raptor, and disabled the GPS lock-out when moving. I left the auto-stop/start alone - I've found that I can feather the brake pedal just enough when stopping that I don't trigger the auto-stop.

Initial planned mods (whee Black Friday): SVC intercooler, which I will have cerakoted to be less obvious. Hidden winch setup +Fog/offroad lighting - though not sure I am going to replace the bumper and do the winch and lights that way.

Also trying to figure out whether to go with Husky rear wheel-well liners or spray-liner - if they can even do that without getting it everywhere.

Finally, I have a ARB twin compressor from my previous vehicle - trying to figure out where I can mount it under the hood - space seems a bit grim - if anyone has any experience, would be nice to know where you mounted the compressor. Not a big fan of underneath the truck.

IMG_3783.JPG

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum! I like how your truck color matches your house color. :)

3. acmtn

acmtn Member

Although I'm sure it's posted elsewhere, just a heads up on the FORScan mod for reverse tilting mirrors. I did end up using FCxx, and also, it seems that by default, my truck had a zero default tilt. I guess I was just a bit slow, and thought that the programming didn't work when I followed the memory set procedure detailed in PlatinumOwner's post, and the mirrors initially didn't move at all for step 4. Once I just proceeded on, everything worked as expected.