Gator Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Beto, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'm am looking to get a tonneau cover for my Raptor, but can't decide on one. I like the GatorTrax MX Electric cover. Anyone have any experience with these or have any recommendations? Thanks.

2. Sejabr2000

Sejabr2000 Member

I have the Bakflip GX4. Love it!! This is my second Bakflip, the first was a G2 on my 2013 SCREW. Good Luck.

3. SoapCreek

SoapCreek Member

I thought the Pace Edwards UltraGroove Metal looked like a nice unit. Anyone have any feedback on that unit? Just to throw another one in the mix.

4. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I'm a BAK FLIP guy.

5. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

I am leaning heavily towards the retrax pro retractable. I like the single hand operation without having to mess around with a strap to close it. The one thing I am concerned about is the aluminum slats rattling over time. I guess I will learn one way or another.

6. blackhole

blackhole Full Access Member

anybody have one or tried this brand DiamondBackCovers ? these look bad ass and revolutionary to me. i was a tri-fold hard cover but this changes everything if it works.
    https://www.diamondbackcovers.com/

7. Giorgiob

Giorgiob Full Access Member

This is my first raptor, but I have owned trucks forever. I always go with the extang full tilt bed cover.

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop...u-cover.html?gclid=CMmvxtvZsdICFQhWDQodF-wEew

I just love it. It's easy to install and the pop up feature is so convenient as opposed to having to roller it up. Comes off compleatly super easy as well. I highly recommend it. Ordered one for my raptor yesterday. Will post picture as son as I get it and instal it.

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

Some of the reviews indicate problems with water leaking. I am wondering if Bakflip seals differently on different trucks. What's your experience with it on your Raptor?

9. Vikes91

I had a G2 BAK FLIP on my 13 and it didn't leak. I have the MX4 on my Raptor and it let's water in by the tailgate, but I need Ford to adjust that because one side does not shut as far as the other. So I don't see it leaking either.

10. Beto

Beto Active Member

Thanks! From what I have read, you want the MX4 with the hardware of the F1 which can be requested from Bakflip?

11. Vikes91

The MX4 is the newest one they have. Someone on here said you can get the new hardware on the others if you request it.