FORD APPARENTLY NOT GOING TO BUILD PREVIOUSLY-ORDERED 2017 RAPTORS

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by RipReturns, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

According to Randall Reed's Prestige Ford's New Car Manager (in Garland, Texas), the dealer "had a wholesale meeting with our Ford rep today. I have bad and good news. They have informed us any remaining unbuilt 2017 raptors will have to be 2018’s now. Good news is Bead lock wheels and Carbon Fiber are now available." The dealer represented to me that it placed the orders in November 2016 and that my order (in February 2017) modified one of those orders.

Has anyone else with an outstanding, unfulfilled order for 2017 MY Raptor received similar news?

#RaptorOrdersNotBeingHonored

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Does that mean if you ordered Avalanche Grey, you won't be able to get it?

3. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

Unfortunately, that would be my understanding given that the color is not available in MY 2018. Hopefully, your experience is better or, alternatively, your dealer has better news than mine. #RaptorOrdersNotBeingHonored

4. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

um. check my avatar

5. Jerry Braden

Jerry Braden Member

I may have an Avalanche Gray 2017 Raptor Super Crew for sale about the time the 2018's come out. It has the 802A equipment package, full graphics, heated steering wheel and heated back seats, tailgate applique, just about every possible option. MSRP was $70,630 in January. 1K+ miles.

Krypt0 likes this.
  6. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

Just received some good news: My MY2018 Raptor has been assigned a VIN# (today), and dealer reports build date of 7/24/17! If this proves to be true, that'd we a welcomed announcement considering my first order (for MY2017) was punted by FoMoCo 2 weeks ago after it was placed back in November by the dealer.

7. RUFdriver

RUFdriver Member

This is for real, I got a call about a month ago wanting to know if I would like to add CF/BL to my order, of course I said yes. A couple weeks go by without info, finally get an email confirming the above. If I wanted AG they could get me one from their other store with all the options I wanted. Sounded a little fishy , but I'm all in on AG and take delivery tomorrow. Any other color I would have deferred to MY18.
    Ford needs to clean up their ordering process, too much smoke and mirrors. Frankly I don't believe anything the dealer says.

RipReturns likes this.
  8. CobraJunkie

CobraJunkie Active Member Military

I ordered a 2017 Lariat loaded on April 18th and was told two weeks ago that they will not be building my truck and that Ford is through building 2017 Lariats at Deerborn and 18s will be deliverable in October. Found a built Raptor 802 that is in transit. My dealer flat out lied to me and told me the Lariat I ordered was in the process of being built but couldn't provide a VIN. A call to Ford CS confirmed it would never happen. Been through four Ford dealers before I found one I could trust and couldn't be happier that I'll be driving a Raptor rather than a Lariat. First place I'm going is to the lying Ford dealer to show them my new ride and get my downpayment refunded.

RipReturns likes this.
  9. latelife_calamity

latelife_calamity Member

Waiting for my 2017 to show up, thanks to others on this forum from the window sticker I was able to determine build date was 6/22, scheduled arrival date was 7/12 - 7/18, that was according to dealer and Ford customer care line. A VIN search on FordEits indicates the substantially the same equip list as the sticker. No truck in hand and seeing the title of this thread has fed my paranoia. Latest from dealer is "any day". A call to Ford today their new line is, see your dealer for details. Question for forum: Is the truck really built if i have a window sticker that indicates a build date of 6/22?

10. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

Just (Finally) got my MY2018 SCREW last night. I ordered a MY2017 in February, but it was converted to MY2018 when Ford stopped production on MY2017. Only differences are B&O (instead of Sony) and applique tailgate, which looks damn nice in Magnetic. Nearly 6 months waiting, and now we are getting acquainted. Doesn't ride like my Acura (a bit jittery in the back end), but goes like *stink* and moves out quietly on the road. So glad she's finally here!

TXRAPTR likes this.
  11. TXRAPTR

TXRAPTR Full Access Member

What floor are we designating Raptor parking in our parking garage? Congrats!

RipReturns likes this.
  12. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

Well, 1/2 way down this morning, I got out and tied shoe string to my antenna so it'd quit hitting the pipes and signs. New 13" ordered last night. B4 looks good, but there are some nice old Land Cruisers down in B5, too!:) Next step: lights.

13. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

lets see some pics brother?

RipReturns likes this.
  14. RipReturns

RipReturns Active Member

Believe it or not, after picking it up last night after Dark, I put on the road and haven't had a chance to take a picture without me in front of it. Got to get it cleaned up and pictured. It's tradition y'all.

15. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks