First Deliveries and Delays

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by 144Pilot, Nov 7, 2016.

1. 144Pilot

144Pilot Member

Looks my 2017 Raptor has been delayed. Build date was way back in mid October, This was the first one that went green in the Ford dealer system and my contact shows it to me all the time. I've had a VIN and window sticker for weeks. This was the first Raptor into Arizona and has been sitting in the rail yard for at least two weeks now. I talk to my dealer daily and they kept saying any day now - they have been waiting for Ford to release it for delivery to the dealer.

Two days ago they got word of a potential recall or unknown problems. They said that we would be very lucky and it's improbable that any new Raptors will be delivered in 2016. Anyone hear anything about this or similar stories? Can't wait to see this thing!

2. sapper_out

sapper_out Full Access Member

Dude
    This potential BS and an election between two idiots tomorrow.

I need a handle of titos and get off the grid for awhile , can't take much more fellas

3. 144Pilot

144Pilot Member

No BS from me! Maybe from the dealer, but I've known them for years... I just want my new Raptor. I have a 2012 6.2 and still love it! Been waiting for the new ones just like everybody else here. Like to know the truth!

4. sapper_out

sapper_out Full Access Member

My bad pilot
    Wasn't suggesting you were full of it.

Appreciate the info

5. 144Pilot

144Pilot Member

Thanks Sapper... Ditto on the Tito's and the Election!

6. Raptorenvy

Raptorenvy Full Access Member

I sure hope that these rumors aren't true. And God save us all in this election debacle.

Gdog likes this.
  7. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

guess Im putting new tires on my Gen 1. was trying to hold out until my gen 2 arrived but winter is coming. My truck was also built weeks ago and went from a ETA to a TBD.

8. OSC_Don

OSC_Don Full Access Member

I'm going to try and get some more info from Ford Service today. If I get anything back from them, I'll let you guys know. Everyone try the same and we can compare notes.

9. Scubasigguy

Scubasigguy Member

Ford Service is referring people to their dealer. They did tell me that they have never seen a completed vehicle with an ETA go back to "In Production" status. I thought it was the spray-in bedliner, but maybe there is a problem they are trying to workout.

10. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

logically thinking here. There are probably several hundred raptors already built and spoken for sitting on some parking lot. And they are all not sitting there waiting form a dam spray in bed liner. I have no clue what fords motive is or if there is a problem or not. What I do know is we have no clue when our trucks THAT ARE ALREADY BUILT will be delivered.. Seems no one else does either including ford or their dealerships.

11. OSC_Don

OSC_Don Full Access Member

Here's what I just received from Ford Service:
    Thank you for your patience. Your Raptor hasn't started the shipping process just yet, and ETA is TBD for now. Let's check again next week.

FML.....

12. JD06

JD06 Full Access Member

I called Ford Service, the rep tells me now that the truck is listed as in production. I asked what this means, 02 weeks ago I was told it was produced and an ETA 11/11 to the dealer was given. I was put on hold for about 05 minutes. The Rep comes back and tells me YES, the information I was provided 02 weeks ago is correct. I asked so I can expect my truck this Friday? I was told to contact my dealer to get clarification.

13. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

please refer to my previous comment. " Logically thinking " told you!!!

14. JD06

JD06 Full Access Member

YEP. Spoke to my dealer, no update no rail car. All I'm left to do at this point is hope for thanks giving or beginning of December.

15. crash457

crash457 Member

While it seems that all orders now have a delivery date of TBD, I find it hard to believe that there will be no deliveries in 2016. Mine was built 10/14 and the 11/4 delivery eta is now TBD. Unless they totally fubarred all of the trucks that are already built, whatever delays they found should be ironed out quickly. I still believe that we will see deliveries happen before the end of next week.