F150 2.7l Performance Only Generation 2 Tune Upgrade!

Discussion in '5 Star Tuning' started by 5star, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 5star

5star Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Is this apples and oranges? How does the possible tuning compare from the 2.7 to the 3.5 architecture? Have you gotten a 3.5 into your shop yet?

3. 5star

This comparison is apples to apples. Both tunes were using the same 2016 2.7 EB. No mods changed, same fuel, same day via back to back runs. The result was months of development picking at the tunes. Between the motor there are some similarities and several differences among them.

We currently have a 2017 3.5 10 speed, a 2017 Raptor, a 2.7 150, a 2016 3.5, 2015 3.5, and multiple 11-14 3.5's in addition to various other applications. We currently do not have anything released for the 2017's other than baseline runs on both vehicles.

4. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Understood, I should have been more specific in asking about the Raptor 3.5. I'm anxious (as most everyone is) to see the results of your tuning on it.

5. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I had a 13 FX4 eco that I bought a tune from 5 star for. I was never impressed with WOT. I voiced this and 5 star and the retailer were very eager to help. I never got the extra WOT I was expecting, but loved the better drivability with it. Unfortunately after 4 months my truck started jerking, missing, something just with normal driving. When I removed the tune and put it back to stock I had no issues. So stock I left it and started my purchase of my Raptor.

Morale of my story is 5 star was great to deal with, unfortunately for me it was wasted money. Pitty because I really liked the tune.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  6. 5star

That I understand. Only dyno that has been leaked so far is a 93 base run with no tuning. Still have several items we are addressing to get our tune perfect. Will update as more info/releases are made.

7. 5star

Vikes91, we appreciate the time for you to share your experience with us. Our tunes have since been redesigned over the past 8 months and have transformed wot and other areas per customer feedback. When it comes time for our tunes to be released reach out to us and we would like to run a comparison of our newer tunes on your Raptor. We feel that you will be a big fan of the new changes.