Body panels on 2017 Raptor

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Big-Foot, Feb 28, 2017.

1. abn373

abn373 Member

Yes her insurance company has been very cooperative. I told them up.front it was getting 100% OEM parts put on at Ford. The driver apparently wasnt cooperating with her own insurance so once I sent the crash scene photos showing it legally parked and provided a witness that said she was driving down road with no headlights they pretty much have said yeah this is on us. Get the work done and we will pay Ford

2. Big-Foot

Big-Foot Full Access Member

That stinks ABN!
    Thanks for posting though... I hope they fix it good as new!

3. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

ouch

4. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

this makes me sad.. I hope they fix it.. sorry brother. Honestly - be a dick until its perfect - its a 70K truck that we all have been waiting and waiting for.

5. abn373

abn373 Member

All fixed. Exactly 30 days in body shop. All repairs look flawless and garauteed for life by Ford. 2 months after crash. I wont post pics because well...it just looks like a Raptor. My only complaint is that THAT dealership never called me to update anything. I get it, they are big. Not an issue. BUT whenever I tried to call in, well their huge collision center doesnt have a direct line in...even though its in a seperate building, a long way away from Sales (they use golf carts to shuttle) so every time you call, the slacker at the front desk just dumps you into random voice mails...ask for a manager you say? Yep...dump you into a manager voice mail instead. Basically any check on status required 3 to 5 calls into the front desk demanding an actual human.

6. Big-Foot

Big-Foot Full Access Member

Glad to hear you're in good shape now AB...
    I like dealing more with smaller shops for the same reason you quoted. Plus - if you're in a smaller town, they tend to take better care of you..

7. gunnersguru

gunnersguru Full Access Member

I'm glad you got your truck 100% back right. I would be ape**** . my last truck got rear ended before I made the first payment , nothing but a tweaked bumper but still .

8. sapper_out

sapper_out Full Access Member

My LB screw just went through a crazy haul storm in McKinney this last weekend

Golfball size hAil and only one minor dent in a space I k my see it , I was expecting cracked sunroof and dents everywhere . Body resistance was impressive

My house roof was totaled , but raptor looks good

Big-Foot likes this.
  9. abn373

abn373 Member

And in conclusion...my original rep I dealt with was GREAT. Unfortunately, a week after dropping truck off he was no longer employed there. Oh but his direct line I had been given was still active, but no message telling me this so those voice mails went unanswered...and if I called Ford and ask for him? Dumped into random voicemails...asked manager? No never mentioned that...finalky the truck was done on a Wed (18 days late) and when I called on Thurs they slipped up and said it was done (I think it was done Mon bc it was soooo parked in on the lot) anyway they said they couldn't release it because insurance company hadnt approved final payment on the SUPPLEMENT bill. So I called the rep at Erie Ins and he was like WTH? He had not heard from Ford for 3 weeks since he authrorized full payment. He called them and approved it...final bill that was having Ford hold my truck after it was done? $8 parking sensor gromet...yes.. $8! When I got there they admitted they didnt really know where to send the bill or who to contact and such so they put it on the backburner.
    So my scorecard is this: Erie Ins (the other drivers insurance, not mine) gets an A+. Jones Ford gets an A for repairs and a F- for customer service and an F--- for administrative competance. I wouldnt let those clowns change a windshield wiper for fear of being in a rental for 3 days.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Big-Foot likes this.
  10. abn373

abn373 Member

Agreed. I live in a metro area and they are only dealer and not close to me. In my last town I had a place like you are talking about. They specialized in Saab (What??) And european imports. I didn't drive either but they would work on all my vehicles...ever see how odd a 73 Bronco looks sitting in a lot with Saabs and Volvos? Haha....they had flawless service both mechanically and customer service. I havent found a place like that here....yet.