Bill bar

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Giorgiob, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Giorgiob

Giorgiob Full Access Member

2. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

it will certainly effect air bag performance and will most likely block most if not all of the front camera view. sorry..

3. Giorgiob

AIR bags!! did not even think of that.

4. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

it just doesn't fit the truck and IMO looks cheap. These trucks pretty much dictate a certain look, and putting Aid Auto crap on is cheesey. But, each to their own.

5. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I like the looks of those bars, but when I see a truck with them I always ask myself what are they good for. A full wrap around helps with animals, but with this you are still going to get it on the sides. Just my 2 cents.

6. brianbuch86

brianbuch86 Member

Hey Gio,

Everyone definitely has there own taste on what they will put on their truck, so I won't get into how good/bad that thing would look on your truck. I put the Stealth front bumper and Venom rear bumper on by Addictive Desert Designs (http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/2017-ford-raptor/), and am very happy with their products. Obviously, this isn't the cheapest route, but neither is a raptor. Technology wise...depending on the options you chose, there is the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist sensors that need to get relocated, so that nothing is in its line of sight, otherwise that will mess everything up, so you'd have to find a relocation bracket for it. Also, there are the proximity sensors in the front that may, or may not need to be relocated (in my case they did, since the entire bumper was swapped out). Not sure how proficient you are with that kind of work, so I couldn't tell you how easy it is, but that's the sort of thing you have to worry about...and blocking your front view camera, which mine does get blocked slightly, but it's just a sacrifice for the look.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Giorgiob likes this.
  7. Giorgiob

Thanks Brian. This helped. Think I will just forgo this for now