BedRug - Who has it? what do you think? Where's the best deal?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Big-Foot, May 7, 2017.

1. Big-Foot

Big-Foot Full Access Member

Please post up pics, reviews and links if possible...
    Thanks guys!

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Hit this guy up, he gave me the best deal
    Rick@FreedomMotorsports

3. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

bed rug

IMG_0391.JPG

blackhole likes this.
  4. Big-Foot

Thanks guys...
    I presume that you like your BedRugs and would recommend it..

5. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

sure its cool. Haven't dropped a pallet of blocks on it yet like the commercial but so far so good.

Big-Foot likes this.
  6. blackhole

blackhole Full Access Member

does that give her rug burn ? or is it rug burn proof ?

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  7. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

It does..

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  8. j04gilbert

j04gilbert Member

Hey there. I can give a little insight on the bedrug as well. I took delivery of my '17 Raptor about 3 weeks ago and the first thing I did was install a bedrug bed liner. It is the Bedrug "Ultra" that looks more like a spray in liner than the carpet. I had the Bedrug carpet one installed in my previous truck and absolutely loved the thing. When I was looking into getting one for my Raptor I saw that they now made this "Ultra" version. So without much knowledge I went with the new version as "Ultra" sounds pretty cool right.. Well I don't like the "Ultra" as much as I did the carpet looking version. The look is fine, but its not as soft as the carpet and even though its got the foam (I don't think its foam but you get the point) backing its still a bit hard on your knees. I used to pretty much be able to roll around in my truck bed, literally roll around digging for something under my tonneau cover and it was just like rolling around on your bedroom floor. Plus if it got a little dirty I could power wash it, and then I used to use the carpet vaccuum to really get it clean. Yes I hauled dirt, wood chips, etc on it and it cleaned out just fine. Right away when I installed the "Ultra" version I noticed the surface was not nearly as comfortable on your knees as the carpet was. Its better than a spray in as it does have some cushion, but the surface is rough and it has a harder surface. Also with the rough surface things actually can get scratched when sliding it into the back of the truck. I NEVER had to worry about scratching anything with my old Carpet version. Things don't slide around on the Utra when you drive thats for sure (they might tumble but not slide), but you still have to slide it into the back to get it over the tailgate and its a bit rough, just like a spray in so forget sliding in that finished table in there without some sort of rug or cloth under it. The carpeted one held things very well from sliding around and it was wonderful for protecting things from getting scratched. Really wish I would have gotten the carpet one. I will say I love the "Ultra" just not as much as the regular.
    One funny thing to pass along. Whenever I showed my old bedrug to my buddies to tell them how awesome it was their first reaction was always to look it over with a queer expression, like "Big deal you put carpet in your bed, hillbillies been doing that forever man". That was about the end of it and I never had one of my friends purchase one even after looking at it. Now with the "Ultra" installed my buddies are like "Ohh awesome you got a bed liner too and its a little cushy, that's awesome". So yeah first impressions the "Ultra" LOOKS like it "should" be there in the back of my baddass RAPTOR - Like its another technical marvel of the BEAST that it is. And I think I would get the same queer looks from my friends if I had went with the carpet, but thats how things go. If you want to impress people go with the "Ultra" but if you want something a bit softer, and much easier on your cargo go with the carpet.

I'll try to take a few pics and send in as well. I love the way the lights installed through the bedrug and it really has fits like it was installed by the guys at Ford Performance. Actually I really think my dealer should offer it as an add on. It took me about 2 hours to install and I had done one before. But I was in no hurry and wanted it to be perfect. It was. The lights are a bit tricky, as you sure don't want to break them, but there is an easy trick if you take out the rear turn signals.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    dirtrider and Big-Foot like this.
  9. Big-Foot

GREAT REVIEW!!!!!
    Looking forward to the pics and info about the lights too!

10. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

Ordered my paint match A.R.E. fiberglass tonneau cover and full BedRug Monday. Gonna turn my bed into a big trunk.

11. Big-Foot

That's about where I'm headed as well.
    I'll still haul brush in it and landscaping block etc, as I like the idea of a softer floor that can be cleaned out well or even removed if need be.
    The ARE topper is also my choice and hopefully my dealer can find me a good deal on one rather than ripping me for more $$ over sticker..

12. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

BedRug they say dirt, oil, antifreeze, just wash out with garden hose or power washer. A.R.E. dealer recommend piano hinge not upgrade scissor hinge for durability, also edge moulding for protection. $75 rebate now.

Big-Foot likes this.
  13. Big-Foot

Thanks for the info and heads-up on the rebate... Hopefully it will still be in effect when my truck gets here...

14. Toadster

Toadster Full Access Member

15. Big-Foot

Toadster likes this.