Back-End Sag While Pulling Trailer

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Strubster, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Strubster

Strubster Member

Anyone have any advice on potential upgrades to help the back-end of our trucks from sagging when pulling loads? I have a 30 ft, 7k lb travel trailer I pull with my '17 Raptor. Engine and transmission pulls it like a beast. However, even with weight distribution bars the trailer still places noticeable sag on the rear shocks. I realize this is not the ideal truck for pulling my travel trailer but I have been spoiled by the Raptor's capabilities elsewhere and would be disheartened to trade my truck for this one condition.

Most of my trips are 1-2 hrs one-way, but some trips are recently turning into 6-7 hr one-way. I'm sure this is not good for the shocks long-term. Should I be concerned about this back-end sag for these quick trips or should I consider air bags, Timbren SES (suspension enhancement system), or doing nothing?

20181014_140632.jpg

2. Chris Mac

Chris Mac Member

I have the air ride wireless airbag system on my 17...it is amazing. Thing rides totally level...just adjust to how much your towing with the wireless controller and your good. It is a game changer....I tow a lot, 30 ft travel trailer, car trailer with car etc....the only issue I have now towing is the brakes....

3. Teeoster

Teeoster New Member

These and Icon +3 in the back, Geiser springs in the front. Gotta space the bump stops better than shown in the picture but you can see the concept.

20191105_185159.jpg