71,000 miles shocks pogo effect over bridge expansions joints.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rabtech, Apr 15, 2020.

1. rabtech

rabtech Member

My raptor is a 2017 and is a pavement princess. It has always wallowed around on the highway and felt like it had no shocks or struts installed on it. I just figured it was normal and I just needed to live with it. However the other day I took a ride in a new model raptor and it was completely different. It didn't bounce over and over while crossing long interstate bridges and it didn't fall on its nose when the brakes were applied. And on two lane roads at higher speeds it didn't wallow thru a corner. quite as bad. It held itself up thru the whole corner and remained pretty much level.

I would take the Fox shocks off in a split second and put on regular shocks and struts if there was such a product. I just don't want to spend a fortune to change out so some other high end shock and strut combo. I just want a shock and strut that doesn't bounce.

Are there any options that I can try to fix some of these issues?

I have read about perch collars but i am not sure just making the spring tighter would stop the pogo effect. That really doesn't do much to bring the up and down movement to a stop. However it would keep the front from diving down.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Robert

2. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

Ever had the shocks looked at while you were in warranty? Have you had them rebuilt yet? These things usually only last about 50k miles and then time for a rebuild.

3. rabtech

rabtech Member

I have the premium 125000 mile 7 year warranty. Not sure if they would try to wiggle out of replacing them at the dealer.

However I have complained about the pogo and overall ride since it was new. The shocks probably have gotten worse but I have always disliked them.

So even if they change them or have them rebuilt (unless something could be added to them while being rebuilt) I cant see that helping a lot.

What about Rough Country or even monrow

4. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

The dealer doesn't warranty these outside the 1yr / 12k miles. Many have tried over the years for replacing, and nothing.