2018 will have v8 Ford is killing me.. Maybe not for sure

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by blackhole, Nov 29, 2016.

1. blackhole

blackhole Full Access Member

Ford dealer is now saying 2018 will have the v8 like the 2017 F150. Going back to v8 and ditching the v6 eco ? Anybody hearing this ?
    I really debating now to wait

2. Raptorenvy

Raptorenvy Full Access Member

So Ford won't tell anyone why no Raptors have shipped but they are telling dealers that they will release a V8 next year.
    I seriously doubt that.

3. Diggs

Diggs Full Access Member

I read a couple of those articles about the 5.0 liter ecoboost. Ford has been working on one of those for a while and the person writting the article is just assuming it will go into the 2018's. I think those articles areclick bait. What are guys going to do with a twin turbo raptor making 500-600 horsepower other than flip it over anyway. I can see it now dealers pricing them at 100gs lol. One dealer told me they sold two over sticker one for 22 over and the other for 15 over lol the 2017's...tried getting me to pay 10 g over i laughed and walked right out. went to another dealer and got it for 2gs over sticker. Here in jersey average is 5 gs over sticker. Imagine the shit show with a eco v8 lol. Dont see it happening in the next 4-5 years after all this v6 dildo shafting fords been preaching

4. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Don't worry Cornhole, we'll take up a special collection to keep your ride going:
    [​IMG]

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  5. Rapere1

Sorry, meant blackhole not Cornhole........

6. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

The Ford Ecoboost V-6 is Fords baby. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Raptor H.O. block is shared with the new 1/4 mil Ford GT. Now why would they put all this R&D into this engine just to ditch it? Keep in mind the GT motor puts out about 700HP, so how long will it take the aftermarket gurus to tweak our little V-6's to get a few more horses for us? Also keep in mine for Years Buick V-6's did very well in Indy car racing. I have owned a 86 Buick Grand National w/ its little V-6 turbo for 30 years now, not to many modifications and I still to this day can go out and spank many of V-8 Cars. Granted the newer muscle cars have much more HP than I do but they better be on their fucking toes when the come up on me! If I get beat they can run my buddy's 800 HP V-6 monster, try smoking that!

7. StrikerHawk

StrikerHawk Full Access Member

You know, this little video pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole buying experience <lol>. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going anywhere, but the expectation of watching the truck get built and delivered has sure changed from excitement to...well....this.

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.
  8. blackhole

LMAO Now that made my day :)

9. blackhole

Think its a mental thing.. Everybody i know is like why put a v6 in a truck. Think thats why Ford went back to V8 in 2017 models going forward.

10. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Very true, but I do expect Ford to put an eco V8 in something rather soon. Maybe the next GT500. And if they do, what better truck to put it in?

dirtrider likes this.
  11. blackhole

If it drags on for much longer i might just say F it and go with the new F250. Those are badass and can get for same price loaded.

12. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I own a 13 FX4 with the eco. When I was buying I wanted nothing but a V8 until I drove a 5.0, 6.2, then the eco. I bought the eco because it's a better driving truck And now this new one will be even better.

13. Rapere1

DirtRider brings up some good points here! I want a ride in that GN of yours btw.
    The 3.5 Eco TT isn't dialed all the way to 10 in this truck. It's still got more potential. However, we all want more HP and Trq but how much more is of real value? How quick do we need to get this thing moving, what's too much top speed?
    No BS, i'll be doing some tweaking to my new truck to dial it up a little more and that's part of the fun. But dialing it up much more from the factory becomes dangerous to the public. Most people buying this truck don't have the skill set to drive it anywhere near it's potential. 95% of people in the US shouldn't be allowed to drive golf carts let alone real car/truck or even scooter.
    I think this time is a bit different then with the Gen 1 coming out with a 5.0. the 6.2 wasn't ready and the 5.0 was seriously not set up for the truck and what it needs for HP/Trq.
    None of us have driven this truck yet so it's hard to speak about the seat of the pants feel of this motor in this rig. I've driven the v6 non turbo SCREW for a week and it had plenty of power. The TT set up i'm sure would have made me happier. This TT HO should be plenty to keep a big smile on my face and with some tweaking i'll be happy for life. If the durability is there, then this is my last purchase for a new vehicle.
    There will always be a "next level" but it feels like we're getting to that point of just adding overkill vs. real value.........

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Scubasigguy likes this.
  14. Rapere1

Oh, and that Indy V6 Buick was great! Right up until in crashed on the parade lap!!!!!
    [​IMG]

15. OSC_Don

OSC_Don Full Access Member

Sure, the 3.5 TT has potential for more HP but it also has a governor on it for a top speed of 106. I'm not concerned about speed, it's torque that I really appreciate. 510 lb-ft will do just fine!