2017 raptor vs. new other?

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by leftsidej, Mar 13, 2019.

1. leftsidej

leftsidej Member

Hello all - as I’m sure you can tell I’m new to the forums and I’m seeking some (understandably subjective) opinions on purchasing a new truck.

I’ve been browsing the main sites (cars, CarGuru, auto trader etc) for used 2017 raptors around the price range of 50-55k and the majority of the trucks im seeing at this price point have anywhere around 40-50,000 miles. I’ve always dreamt about owning a raptor and every other brand of truck in which I’m considering at this price point, even if it is brand new (trail boss, rebel, etc) my eyes still keep coming back to the rap.

My question to all you knowledgeable truck owners out there is this: for the price point of 50-55k, I could theoretically buy a brand new (insert random brand name) with all the bells and whistles, or spend around the same price for a used 17 rap with the miles stated above. It’s obvious raptors hold their value incrediably well and appear to be a great investment. For my price point, is considering a 17 with xxx miles a decent idea? Or should I brush it off and look for something new.

Note: I understand it’s a very broad question, just looking for opinions.