2017 Ford Raptor real world mpg

Discussion in '5 Star Tuning' started by Jmorris, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jmorris

Jmorris Active Member

Thanks! Ya it's pretty fun having two. Only problem is if I want a mod.... gotta times it by two!

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

So finally done with the drive. I averaged 10.3 with the trailer. I did not weigh it, but it was a 5X8 enclosed fully loaded. The truck squatted a good bit from the weight.

As for pulling, the thing had plenty of power. A lot of 2 lane roads and no problem passing semis going up hill.

The tranny would drop to 8th real quick to get what it needed in normal and tow mode.

So I was hoping for better mileage, but more than happy with the job it did. Also remember I get crappy mileage anytime I'm on the highway. Best I've gotten is 15ish. I normally do 83 mph.

Hope this helps.

3. Miko

Miko Member

Vikes, Thanks for the update. Glad you got there safe, bro. This is great info.

4. INTEL DRIVEN

INTEL DRIVEN Full Access Member

I wanted to do the calculation but I was too busy and hangover to play with the mileage gauge. I drove from Colorado Springs to Glennwood which is about 3-4 hour drive on a full tank. Took the back roads averaging 55-80mph. Sports mode and Soccer Mom mode all the way. Climbed to the Hanging Lakes by foot averaging 0.5mph both ways towing a ruck sack on my back full of food and ammo. Did the drive back to Colorado Springs with the snow at 55-65mph and I had 112 miles to E when I pulled it in to the garage last night. Maybe my meter is broken...or maybe this truck is just awesome.Finally broke 1300 miles on it.

Gdog likes this.
  5. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I always run 92 oct in mine. When u fill up in town I go ethanol free too. Really don't understand why everyone his beget mileage than me. In town I could understand it, but in the road I set cruise. I really donto care, just curiosity. The Raptor Heya pretty much the same as my FX4 did, so that's a bonus.