Wheels and tires for street

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Blk Raptor, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

I occasionally take 1,000+- mile road trips that involve no off roading but I'd to take the RAPTOR some.

Any suggestions or ideas on a separate set of wheels and tires for road? Need to be decent in the rain and handle a dirt road occasionally.

The space and equipment to change out sets of wheels and tires is available to me.
    Wonder if I'd have to input a different size to make the speedo work right!

Seems like the truck would be fantastic road tripper with a wheel and tire adjustment.

Thoughts or experiences?

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I would use the factory set up. They are good on the road imo. And to me a street set up would look funny on a raptor. I don't even like the looks of factory tires on a stock f150.

Blk Raptor likes this.
  3. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

I hear you. If I changed, they would still be aggressive wheels and tires. I probably need to get out on the highway and give them a fair test. Only highway they've had was 100 miles back from dealer in heavy traffic.

4. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I had the same tires, well the old generation, on my FX4. Put 50k miles highway and city without a complaint.

5. jag2

jag2 Member

KO2s are pretty long lasting and relatively quiet, and capable in many conditions. No need to change in MHO

Vikes91 likes this.
  6. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm reaching. The more I drive the Raptor the more I like it. That goes for the truck and the tires!