Vermont Raptor - new member

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by VT Raptor, Aug 18, 2016.

1. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

its the Super Cab (SCAB) as opposed to the Super Crew .. door and a half really.. plenty SCABS around if you look. Has a back seat but not too much leg room - im guessing 12 inches small back seat that the Crew.

2. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Don't want anybody back there anyway, they'll just complain about banging their head off the ceiling...

3. VT Raptor

Exactly !! its for Gear and Dog...

4. shelteredraptor

figured I would show a decent picture of your twin. As of 2-28-17 there were 2 Avalanche Scabs built as 802A, tech pkg, moonroof. Was thinking yours is the other? Looked closer at the pics of yours and I see you don't have the moon roof. Prolly a smart move, at least it's guaranteed not to leak!

[ATTA View attachment 640 20170304_172954.jpg View attachment 640 CH=full]639[/ATTACH]

20170304_172834.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    wparish81, Zaid Dahabi and redtail17 like this.
  5. VT Raptor

good lookin' truck!!!!! hahaaaaa no - i skipped the moon roof - not my thing.. great looking garage - i like the race deck. I literally just got an estimate from them going to do my 3 car garage soon. hoping the tax man helps me pay for it.. the lift is killer - who makes it ?

shelteredraptor likes this.
  6. shelteredraptor

Racedeck has it's advantages- freedom of design, easy & fast to install, pretty low cost, easy maintenance. Are you installing it yourself?
    Thanks for the compliment on the shop, it's a work in progress. It's next to my company wood shop, which another story, but I have already threadjacked here...
    It's a 10K asymmetrical Bendpak-it has pros & cons, but it's all mine. 20 - 20 hindsight, I would prolly stick with a standard square lift, or a really nice 8' tall 4 post with center dollys...

7. VT Raptor

thanks... always wanted a lift but probably not going to happen. yeah ill install the race deck - probably me a friend (he does tile work) so probably pretty easy to bang it out.. DUDE - i just looked at your shop picture again and i never noticed till now that LIGHT BAR.. holy shit that thing must light up half of PA !! install looks perfect.. who makes the light ?

8. shelteredraptor

It's made by Bulldog lighting. https://bulldogledlighting.com/ They are all american, great service, and half the price of the "R" brand. I made a thread over at frf at the request of someone,I am not normally a thread starter, but I could make one here I guess. The light kicks ass, and doesn't block the front camera nearly as bad as anyone elses light because of the smaller dimensions and mounting. They aren't a vendor here, so I might get yelled at.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/40-bulldog-bumper-53191/

9. VT Raptor

i like it a lot!! Sadly VT has a mandatory front license plate - No inspections / Registrations issues without a plate - yearly inspections and local PD is happy to give tickets as well. No sure how it will fit but im going to take a look at reach out to bulldog. I'd love to do 20 inch on the bumper and then fordraptorlights.com is building a 2 and 3 light drop in mount for the spaces on the bumper. im thinking of getting the 2 light (2 each side) 1 of each white and 1 amber ...

wish list.. hey - thanks for the pics and the info.

10. shelteredraptor

I have mandatory front plate on Long Island too, I just choose to take chances....
    I have the Baja Designs lights coming for the bumper openings- 1 spot, 1 flood, 1 amber each side, see how that works.

11. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Make sure you guys send pics when the lights are on.

12. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Assuming you did the Bottom Channel Mount, Difficult to install?

13. shelteredraptor

these are the mounts I used, took a few tries to get the angle just right, but I think it came out ok.

bulldog mount.jpg

14. wparish81

wparish81 Full Access Member

That bar looks amazing! No pics by chance on where and how those mounts were installed?

15. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

How long to install it and get it wired?