Transmission and Battery issues....My raptor has become very sick......

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by rabtech, Jan 14, 2019.

1. rabtech

rabtech Member

2017 raptor 49,528 miles. 2 years and 19 days old.

About two or three weeks ago it started draining the battery if I didnt start it at least every other day. I figured it might be something like a phone charger or some device I just could not see that was plugged in or maybe even a bad battery. So I just tossed my jump box in the back floorboard just in case it decided to die before I got to carry it to the service dept.

Yesterday I was driving down the highway about 70mph and had a friend in the passenger seat when all of a sudden it went from 9th or 10th gear to 3rd. It made the loudest bang and started to slide the back tires and immediately went back to a neutral position. It didnt have time to throw us forward because right after the bang it went to neutral (but the dash said 3rd) I pulled over and shut it off and restarted. It has no idea what gear it should be in. It starts off in 5th or 3rd and shifts to any gear it wants to. If I put it in Manual mode it shifts to the correct gear but it shifts so hard that it's like sport mode x10. Also you can feel it kinda slipping when your in manual mode and in any gear. It's like you are bumping the brake pedal.

She is going into the shop tomorrow. I wonder if the transmission is related to my battery issue that started a few weeks ago.

I just hope this service department knows how to fix this thing and get me back on the road.

I'll let yall know how it turns out.

One other thing. If your in park and shift to drive it slams it into drive so hard the change in my console makes noise. It is bad.....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. rabtech

rabtech Member

I accidentally posted this in the performance and mods section. Can an admin move it to the appropiate section please. I apologize for the trouble.

3. Bruce7105

Bruce7105 Member

Let us know what you find out .

4. rabtech

rabtech Member

Here are the first two pages. The rest of the pages were recalls they performed.

20190226_031512.jpg 20190226_031528.jpg