tranny, traction, and brake problems

Discussion in 'Raptor Maintenance' started by tonyap, Jul 11, 2017.

Car Parts
  1. tonyap

tonyap Member

i received my 2017 raptor in january. since i received it ive had many issues. first off 4th gear and 7th gear redline on a regular basis and shut the trucks acceleration down dead and usually refuses to shift for several seconds. this even happens if im not getting on the truck aggressively.

next is the traction control. when i go across extreme washboard roads the truck goes sideways. heck when i hit regular bumps in the blacktop my rear end slides and i hate it. the old raptors never did that.

lastly my brakes just wont work after i start it up at various time. ive already backed into my house and had to do multiple laps around parking lots waiting for the truck to coast to a stop while praying to god i dont hit someone. i then have to turn the truck off and turn it back on to reset the truck and my brakes start working again.

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how i can solve any of these issues????

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Make them tow it in to the dealer and find the problem. It's not something I would be playing with and trying to figure out myself.

loboloco likes this.
  3. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

Holy shit man, get it to the dealer quick! Like Vikes said, don't even mess around.

4. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

7 months of agony!!! Why would someone ever have to put up with that especially that its a brand new truck!

Take it back to your dealer ASAP!!

loboloco likes this.
  5. loboloco

loboloco Member Military

Why are you on here asking for advise, instead of taking your truck straight back to the dealership? You should have stopped driving it the first time the brakes malfunctioned. I don't mean to be an a**hole, but hat is just plain ignorant and potentially dangerous.