Tire psi

Discussion in 'Raptor Maintenance' started by cyclers10, Jun 3, 2017.

Car Parts
  1. cyclers10

cyclers10 Full Access Member

What psi is everyone using,came from dealer 48 psi, tire says 45 cold , door 38 psi.

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I run 38 like the door says. Everyone that posted on here about psi said the dealer had it high 40s, not sure why.

3. gunnersguru

gunnersguru Full Access Member

I run 38 . from ford 50 . someone said less bounce for delivery.

4. Caleb

Caleb Member

Always go by the door sticker. The reason that they are at 50psi is because the dealer is not doing the Pre Delivery Inspection properly. In super soft conditions, like sand, you might want to air down for more traction. You will have to find a way to air back up again when hitting the roadways or hard trails after the sand or low tractions conditions

5. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

28 rear, 32 front is what they are running in the assault class. They also only have beadlock rims.

Charley Force likes this.
  6. Swe34nes

Swe34nes Member

Mine came at 51 cold psi from the dealer. It also came with the wrong tailgate (ordered the appliqué arrived without) and the dealer never activated the fake engine noise (benefit of their oversight). Ironically my truck also came with a sticker on the windshield stating it was selected at random by Ford Performance for QA check which resulted in 27 miles on the clock. I can see maybe not checking the build sheet/window sticker for a physical match but I don't see the QA check missing 12+ PSI over the recomended pressure. Likely adds merit to the thought above regarding high pressure for shipping.

Right now I'm running 38 in the front and 34 in the rear. Why? I run 2WD often in the city and I believe I'm getting less Wheel hop at 34 vs 38 (and definitely less than at 51).

7. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

just curious - the fake engine noise is ON from the factory not the dealer. Are you sure its not on ? its not obvious until you turn it off. Best way to check (without OBD MX ) is get in the truck and turn on power - not engine - turn off stereo and put your ear to the door speaker if you hear any white noise at all then your fake engine noise is on.. but we know how to FIX that!!!!

It seems most Raptors came with anywhere b/t 20 and 40 miles on them - mine had 40. The QA is done pre-shipping and the tire pressure is at 45 to 50 because thats how ford likes to ship - maybe its safer - im not sure. Your DEALER should have checked. Mine of course did not and I got mine with 46 or 48 but i checked it as soon as I got home because if felt bouncy.

8. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Actually, the reason the factory ships at high tire pressure is that some tires, especially those with as strong a tread and big sidewall like these, will form flat spots if they sit too long when new at less pressure. Generally speaking, the flat spots work themselves out in a few hundred miles but most people would bring their truck back complaining about the vibration. In all likelihood, the dealer would be mystified and some would post about the terrible chronic G2 Raptor shake.

I was happily surprised that the dealer had purged my tires, filled them with nitrogen and set them at 38 by the time i arrived to pick it up. Shocking but true.

9. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

Can't believe BFG's will flat spot, have had about 10 sets over the years, my early Bronco sets all winter and drives just fine after setting 6-8 months.

10. dirtrider

dirtrider Full Access Member

My tires came with nitrogen but where at 50# but who cares soon as you air down for off road it's gone.

11. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Free refills at Costco if you're a member.

12. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Doesn't last once you drive them some. With an early Bronco are you sure you could tell?