Street legal driving/fog lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by redtail17, Mar 9, 2017.

1. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

PA allows driving and fog lights on trucks - I assume that means one set of each or a total of four lights.
    Driving lights can only be connected to high beams, while fog lights to low beams.

I've never added these type of lights to a truck, so I need opinions of what to buy. I've been looking at the Raptor Light site and will order when available. I need to choose either clear or amber for each set and spot or flood for each set. Based on those of you who have your trucks, give me some opinions of what to buy, both color and type. I will not be adding OFF ROAD lights.

2. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

Hey - i like the idea of 2 fogs (low beam) and 2 driving (high beam) but then sadly we dont get to use any of THOSE AUX SWITCHES!! damn it..

my understanding is "spot" is long distance (high speed) - you probably want a flood light or a driving light. I flipped thou RIGIDS online catalog and they have some good info in there..

http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites/default/files/flipbook/index.html?page=8

3. redtail17

Thanx VT. I appreciate you taking the time for this info.

4. redtail17

Thanx VT! I appreciate you taking the time for the info.

5. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

all good.. im desperate to get some fogs / driving lights in those cut outs but thinking next month or so we should see some more options. really looking for a more factory look..

6. redtail17

I would like to have at least one set of lights aimed more to the side to aid when making turns, but I think our state law requires to have them aimed straight ahead. I guess I'll go with the wider angle. I'll give Rigid a call some time and see what they suggest also. From other threads on here, I see wheel well liners might be produced by Husky. I'd like to get those and have the under carriage sprayed with Fluid Film prior to each winter. I also want to get a wrap for my rocker panels but I don't think I can afford a front wrap like yours. There is also a chance I will need a set of AMP Research Power Steps- bad knees. I enjoy reading your posts and wishing I had your garage.

7. Andy55778

Andy55778 New Member

I used Light Bar by Northpole as led fog-lights on my truck and definitely lights up better than my previous stuff. There were no isnstructions but installation took me no more than 10 minutes.
    [​IMG]
    You'll need to make mounting holes, then insert the screws and tighten them. Loose screws can result in the shift of the lamps and, therefore incorrect light direction.
    Very durable look housing, looks even better that most similar fog lights.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. redtail17

Thanks Andy

9. F150Feste

F150Feste New Member

Rigid makes a DOT approved Fog light, but I just bought the rigid radiance versions instead as it really doesn't get foggy down here in Texas too often.

INTEL DRIVEN likes this.