Rear drivers side seat release kit

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by Low Rider, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Went up to my dealers yesterday as they just received a Black Raptor in. I have never sat in one until yesterday. After going over some of the electronics we moved to the back to lower the seats. As you all know the passenger side is no problem as there is a strap to pull to release. I was on the drivers side and no release strap. There is a release behind the seat but difficult it get to. Got home and did some surfing and found a company that makes a kit to resolve that problem. Here's the address, builtrightind.com. They make a kit that only takes about 10 minutes to install and when finished you have a strap like the passenger side. They have a great video that shows step by step how to install it. It retails for $30. Needless to say I ordered one.
    Hope this is some help.

tipnring and Nexmeister like this.
  2. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

If I ever get around to attempting to get back there again, I will put this on my list of crap to order. havent been able to get back there as of yet.

3. Freeride2000

Freeride2000 Member

I got one, and it was super easy to install. It's a must have for any Raptor of F-150!

4. Heme61

Heme61 Member

I purchased one .... just to make cleaning easier... makes no sense Ford didn't put one on there

5. Big Potato

Big Potato Member

Just installed mine. But, am asking myself why. Really no meaningful storage space behind that seat. Entire area is taken by electronics and Sony sub. Probably why Ford decided to make it hard to get to.

6. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

7. Liv4spd

Liv4spd New Member

Subing

8. PupDawg

PupDawg Active Member Military

This is a pointless mod unless you want to clean behind the seat of the 2018, I purchased one and there is no usable space behind the seat.