Radio revisted

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by Guy, Jan 25, 2017.

1. JD06

JD06 Full Access Member

2. wparish81

wparish81 Full Access Member

Fair enough...

3. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. Rapere1

Ok, just got the truck back last night. It now ROCKs like it should.

They removed the little Sub behind the seat and mounted the new amp and other hardware in the same spot so no new net holes drilled.

The enclosure for the 2 new 10" JL subs takes up most of the room in the screw under the rear seats. I don't have people sitting back there so not an issue.

The hardware they installed to correct the Ford processor works well. Takes what the head unit puts out and neutralizes it so that there's a point that the AMP can work forward from. No more more missed or muted notes.

Put it all together with the new speakers and it sounds great now. Clear, loud, not muffled, not the ghetto thump thump but the bass is loud and proud!!!! It's solid bass, not rattle the truck and shake everything loose ghetto blaster bass. You'll feel like your center stage and a rock concert!!!!!!!!

Happy i made the upgrade!!!!!

Meeting up with Sapper_out in the next day or two so he can give an opinion too......

blackhole likes this.
  5. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Pics!

6. Rapere1

Ya, ya. In the morning when it sees the light of day again. Too dark tonight in the garage.

But meanwhile for your reading pleasure:
    Front speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-6qJTjxdjl8X/p_091PS165V1/Focal-Performance-PS-165V1.html
    Back speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_09116....html?search=focal_performance_165ac&skipvs=T
    AMP: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PDXV9/Alpine-PDX-V9.html?search=alpine_pdx_v9&skipvs=T
    2 Subs: https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/jl_audios_10tw3_d4.html
    To make it work with the Ford head unit and correct the Ford processor issues, this little guy: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698...&awkw=+jl++fix++86&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9026830

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    blackhole likes this.
  7. Rapere1

20170224_074426.jpg 20170224_074550.jpg 20170224_074456.jpg 20170224_074520.jpg Pictures of my set up:

8. Rapere1

Picture 1 & 2 give you a sense of the custom box they built to fit the 2 10" subs.
    Picture 3 is how/where the release is for the left side rear seat.
    Picture 4, after they removed the factory amp they built a mounting plate to mount stuff to and as a result no need for more drilling.

That little box on the left is key to making it work with the factory head unit.

Sounds Great!!!!, clear, loud more then enough thunder to give you a cardiac dysrhythmia.

It works for me, to each their own though

blackhole likes this.
  9. wparish81

What is that little box called? Looks like you pasted the JL sub link twice...

Very clean install!

10. blackhole

blackhole Full Access Member

looks like the JL fix 82 or 86. its the JL oem intergration unit. i'm a huge JL fan and will be doing similar. i've done all my f150's similar. this will be my first off of the built in sony system though. i was told that was impossible to tap the sony system but that appears to be false info if he has it working

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  11. wparish81

I can tell you just about what ever you want to know about a UH60/S76/S92 helicopter but can't tell you jack shit about radios n' such. Glad you know your stuff bro. Perhaps he can give some insight on how it was done with his particular setup.. I trust his judgment and if it's good for him, it's good for me..

12. Rapere1

Brother of Dick Weed

shelteredraptor likes this.
  13. Rapere1

It works seamlessly!!!

Yes it's the JL Fix 86. In a nutshell as i understand it, "the factory system uses unusual EQ curves and preset time alignments that work well with the inexpensive factory speakers, but will prevent the aftermarket gear from reaching top performance. JL Audio's FiX 86 digital signal processor removes the factory system's equalization, crossover filtering, and time alignment, providing you with a completely flat and focused audio signal that your aftermarket amplifiers and processors can turn into high-fidelity music."

Now taking all that marketing mumbojumbo, it sounds 200% better then the factory set up. Crystal clear, loud and it can pound with out the ghetto overpower.

this little black box seems to be the key to make a aftermarket set up work.

14. Rapere1

15. sapper_out

sapper_out Full Access Member

I met rapere1 and heard it first hand. It rocks and sounds great