Powertrain Malfunction & Tranny Issues

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Frank Ripullo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Frank Ripullo

Frank Ripullo New Member

2017 Raptor with 30,000 miles lost power while driving. I'm told it's a Powertrain malfunction. It's been in the shop for over a week, now told they have to drop the transmission. Anyone else have this experience? Not sure what to expect. Thx

2. UnstableReaction

UnstableReaction Member

I had a power loss with many alarms early on. The repair was a 6 week adventure. End result was simply a harness to the computer not seated in the retainer rubbed till it broke wires. Easy check before dropping trans.

3. Ruben Romero

Ruben Romero New Member

What type of power loss? Complete shut off? Engine missing? What codes did the truck throw?

4. UnstableReaction

UnstableReaction Member

Not sure if that was directed at me, but can't recall all codes. It was over a year ago. Remember at least 6 repeatedly. The vehicle sputtered a little like it was low on fuel, then stuck in 4th gear. I could manual shift but only to like 4th and 6th. The engine did not stop. It cleared when I pulled over but ended up repeating this the next morning on way to shop.

5. Frank Ripullo

Frank Ripullo New Member

No codes appeared. It was power loss, engine remained running. I was able to drive it at a low speed. When I accelerated the power was not there and it would start to make a grinding noise.

6. Frank Ripullo

Frank Ripullo New Member

My truck went into the shop on November 1st. It's now Dec 5th and there's no ETA on receiving parts. Starting the buyback process.

7. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

This buyback process is getting all too common on these.

8. Adam

Adam Full Access Member

GTFO with your nonsense.