/-\ntenna Replacement

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Electronics' started by Nexmeister, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

So question, while I am in the post order limbo:

I see a lot of folk are changing out the antenna. I am on the same page, I didn't think they still made long flappy antennas. Anyhoo - one of the first things I am planning on, but wanted to ask if anyone on here has done it? If so any noticeable loss in radio signal? Not sure why I care, since I haven't listened to the radio since i discovered XM. But wondering anyways.

2. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

So I've had a craven stubby antenna on my gen1 and same on my gen 2. Works fine

Nexmeister likes this.
  3. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

I recently found antennax.com on line. Under Ford F150, you will find multiple lengths of antenna to choose. I assume a 24" will give better reception than a 7". I have not used their products, but I like the idea of choosing a longer antenna that won't hit the garage door. Supposedly they just screw into the standard Ford base.

Nexmeister likes this.
  4. shelteredraptor

shelteredraptor Full Access Member

who listens to the radio?? :D
    They all come with a slew of adapters to fit just about anything. And the 7" actually works pretty well, better than the Craven...

Nexmeister likes this.
  5. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

Good to know. Yup I don't listen to the radio, but considering this 50 cal black replacement.

I used to work for ford 20 years ago....these do just screw on and off. They haven't changed in decades the format.

6. Jerry Braden

Jerry Braden Member

Replaced the antenna on my Raptor the first week. Went to a local auto parts store and bought a shorter one. The original was whip lashing each time I drove into the garage. The antenna I bought came with lots of adapters including the one that worked for the Raptor. That was over a month ago and to be honest, haven't even used the AM/FM to see if it works.

Nexmeister likes this.
  7. wparish81

wparish81 Full Access Member

Ha!

8. TXRAPTR

TXRAPTR Full Access Member

Same here, I have the Craven "Stubby" I put on my truck the first week I had it, but also couldent tell you performance wise how good it is bc I don't listen to FM/AM radio. It looks awesome and it took care of my factory whiplash antenna issue.

Nexmeister likes this.