New raptor paint care

Discussion in 'Adam's Polishes' started by cyclers10, Jun 4, 2017.

1. cyclers10

cyclers10 Full Access Member

What's best to care for a new white raptor as far as protecting paint from average daily driving .
    Do you have to clay a new vehicle?

2. Giorgiob

Giorgiob Full Access Member

If you don't want the expense of getting it wrapped, then I would reccomend ceramic coating it. It's realively easy to do, but it does take a full day of work to wash and apply it.

I did not have to clay bar mine. Just used it in a few spots where I noticed some debris.

3. AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Like Giorgiob mention above, other than a Paint Protection Film (vinyl wrap like Xpel), a Ceramic Paint Coating is going to give you the best protection and last the longest. But the downside is that both these options are expensive.

With some detailing skills and research, a coating can be a DIY project. We offer three different coating kits, and videos to show you how to do it, but it takes some skill, so it is not really a project for a beginner.

An easier option, and much cheaper, is to use a synthetic sealant like our Paint Sealant. It applies by hand, just like a liquid wax, but will last about 6 months. It also provides a very nice level of shine to the paint.

I would say that the typical new vehicle needs to be clayed. After production, they can sit next to rail lines, getting covered in contaminates, and also transporting by rail car will result in brake dust on the paint. These types of "bonded contaminates" cannot be washed off, so the sticky clay grabs them and removes them from the paint.

To check your paint, do the baggie test like is shown in this video: