New 2017 801 in Rochester, NY

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Dean, Jan 11, 2018.

Side view mirror upgrade

1. Keep the damn ones you have!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Upgrade those trinkets!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dean

Dean New Member

Haven't even picked her up yet. So excited. Wanted a Raptor since they first came out and finally dropped the hammer. Was amazed to find one on the dealership lot, brand new. Was shopping for an 802A, but there were so many options I really didn't care about and the dealerships were marking them up 4K to 10K over sticker. A buddy suggested I call a dealership and they actually had a truck on the lot. Ended up getting her for $59,200. Did I do OK? (it was under sticker price, but there was like 2,000 in STICKERS worked into the sticker price, so I think they pad the crap out of the sticker price to begin with. The sticker was like $60,300 with a $1,300 destination charge) Was hoping for metallic or leadfoot color, but white has always been my favorite and I love the way the white/black contrasts. Already ordered the tailgate applique, and thinking maybe some foglights and a good hard tonneau cover soon. I don't really want to drive it until after they stop salting roads. Raptor.jpg So...now the newbie questions. Number 1 - I called the local Delta Sonic car wash and asked if their facility had any restrictions/trouble with Raptors, and the manager said "NO", the truck would wash fine in their car wash. Number 2 - The ONLY real option my truck doesn't have that I wish it did would be side view mirrors with the little fog lights that shine outwards and the turn indicator. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of upgrading to a next-level side view mirrors? Thanks

2. cyclers10

cyclers10 Full Access Member

Wash by hand only,carwashes will ruin your paint.i only use Adams. When temp is above freezing I try to wash her. Treat undercarriage with amsoil hdmp .it comes in spray cans.i drive mine in sport mode always. Check your tire pressure mine came with 52 psi. I keep mine at 35, rides better.enjoy your new ride .congrats. My wash order foam,wash by 2 bucket method,clay,finally h20 guard and gloss. Water rolls right off.

3. Dean

Dean New Member

The Delta Sonic Car wash places around here are touchless. Nothing actually touches the automobile. Ya think I should avoid them? Also, do you know anything about the side view mirrors?

4. cyclers10

cyclers10 Full Access Member

As long as nothing touch’s truck I guess it would be ok.not sure on mirrors.