Lowjack

Discussion in 'Generation 2 Ford Raptor News' started by Low Rider, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

hi everyone, has anyone had a Lowjack unit installed?

2. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

nope.. although thru FORDPASS once you set it up it can find your vehicle. You dont need the Tech package -i dont have it - but you might need the 802A ? maybe somebody without 802A can confirm that they also have FORDPASS up and running. There is a built-in modem in the truck and thru your phone you can lock / unlock doors, start engine, view actual milage to empty, odometer and where the vehicle is located (using the Park function). Im guessing LoJack is maybe a little more secure ? I leave my keys in the truck usually so i'm probably not the guy to ask..

3. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Since things are pretty quiet around here and you mentioned leaving your keys in the truck, here's a funny story.
    Many years ago my little brother was living with me, we were both between marriages. He had a Nissan 300 Z and he gave me a set of keys to it. So one Saturday morning we get up and look outside and someone had broken into his car and stole a bunch of stuff including his briefcase with an extra set of car keys. The following Saturday night we were both home and we hear his car start up. He thinks it's me and I thought it was him. My daughter yells out Dad someone is stealing the car. The first thing I did was grab my Model 29 and out the door I ran. Of course it was to late. So we call the Police and did a stolen car report and it was put out on the air. Now I live between Baltimore and Annapolis. The Police call about two hours later as they found the car in Baltimore and they had stolen the T-Tops off of it and they were calling for rain. They call us and say they have it and it was in the Impound lot and we could come and get it. Luckily we got there before it rained and had it towed to the Nissan dealer in Glen Burnie. Whoever stole it also wrote a check from my brothers checking account and cashed it. Needless to say my brother never left his briefcase in the car again. End of story.

4. VT Raptor

yikes.. sorry to hear that. I guess I am tempting fate but i do live in the second least populated state in the union and 3 miles up a dirt road and 1800 ft up a dirt driveway! but i hear ya..

5. Nexmeister

Nexmeister Full Access Member

So party and racing at VT's house??!! :banana-mario:

6. VT Raptor

We could do that!!! lots of trails around here.. Biggest problem - for me anyway - is tree branches. I DONT like scratching the sides of the rig!! We need to bring the pole trimmers with us !!!!!!!

7. Nexmeister

paint me a landscaper. Id be game! Now if I could ever get my truck back. Been getting coating for almost 2 weeks now. I had a lot of water damage. Stupid idea to order black.

8. brianbuch86

brianbuch86 Member

I have the 802a package, and have the fordpass app setup. It is really nice, actually. Locate your vehicle, unlock/lock, start/stop the engine, and if someone takes it, you can take the cops and drop them in their laps! It notifies you if the alarm goes off also.

9. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Two weeks? What the heck are you coating it with?

Nexmeister likes this.
  10. Nexmeister

Black truck + country trees covering driveway = nightmare.

It took a long time to do paint correction. On the plus side, I had water spotting yesterday so I hit it with a rag, and the truck is back to shiny. I am loving this CQuartz already. My heart did sink when I saw the water spots, but was blown away at how easy it was to clean my truck. 2 minutes maybe to factory fresh.

11. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Vermont dirt roads during hard rain. Was fun though. You're right, the coating made cleanup very easy. Unfortunately, it's halfway back to looking like that after one day!

IMG_1102.JPG

Nexmeister likes this.
  12. Blk Raptor

Blk Raptor Active Member

Yes, Dealer included it with the truck for some reason. A Guy showed up a week later and installed it.