Loss of oil with 6K miles

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by Cabodave, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

lemon law here request a new truck from ford..

Thomas clark and Adam like this.
  2. Adam

Adam Full Access Member

Agreed, I think it may be time for a buyback and a new Raptor

Thomas clark likes this.
  3. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

There is a tsb for oil consumption now. Evidently the problem is getting larger.

Thomas clark likes this.
  4. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

Ford telling me they want to put a short bloc in I’m calling lawyer Wednesday morning truck got 3500 miles and I need a new motor smh

5. bravo3eco

What I would do is just trade the truck in. There are several low mileage gen 1 trucks that you can buy. Or, just get a 5L f150. The ecoboost has design problems that Ford can't figure out.

6. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

I don’t like the gen 1 this was my dream truck the color with the 802A package total cost 83000 I’m pissed. You right ford does not want to admit any problems with the eco boost. They never told me the reason why it happen just want to replace with short bloc I told them I want a new truck.

7. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

Hey where you find that tsb at?

8. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Thomas, bravo is an idiot on here with nothing but bashing on the 2nd gens. I would trust Ford to fix the problem.

I have over 150k miles on 4 different 3.5 ecoboost vehicles with no real problems.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Adam likes this.
  9. Vikes91

I don't know what a lawyer could do for you. Ford is fixing the problem. Best of luck.

10. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

Hey my brother I just can’t believe I brought a new truck and it need a new motor at 3500 miles something is wrong with that to me

bravo3eco likes this.
  11. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

Also I love my truck I dreamed about it and it broke already. I’m devastated. My truck has to be a lemon no motor goes in 3500 miles.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  12. Vikes91

I hear you, and I would be the same way. Unfortunately shit happens sometimes. A faulty part is probably the issue and I would trust that the short block will fix it.

Thomas clark likes this.
  13. bravo3eco

I am sorry for your situation. People don't like me here because I am a dose of reality. The folks that bought these eco Raptor trucks try and make themselves feel better about their poor purchase. Many have been bit by the ecoboost - myself included. It is quite a headache and Ford doesn't stand behind it.
    Your best bet - seriously - is just let the dealer do what they want to, then either trade in or sell on your own. Stay away from the ecoboost platform. Thankfully, there will be other engine choices soon!

14. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

I thank you for the advice sincerely,but it’s brand new so it doesn’t make sense engine light come on at 1854 miles brought it back to dealer at 2300 miles they look at and tell me it’s burning oil. Tell me to drive for another 1000 miles which got me to 3500 miles and they hold it since 12/10/18 I only had it for 40 days. Then on 12/31/18 they need to put in a short block but not telling why this happen.... No I want a new truck because if it happen again then it’s a design flaw.. I pray it’s a fluke... also a lawyer just emailed me that I have a lemon case for breach of warranty

Vikes91 likes this.
  15. Thomas clark

Thomas clark Member

I pray it’s a fluke I really love my truck it’s the sexiest on the market, but my lawyer just emailed me we have a breach of warranty case. So will see if you are right. Because I want a new truck and if it happen the next time. I’m done.