KO2’s on roush wheel shakes?

Discussion in 'Prospective Owners' started by Plasterman, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Plasterman

Plasterman Full Access Member

i couldn’t find a post on this. Anyone have the 20” roush wheels with kO2’s? I have about 10k on mine and I’ve rotated them, checked the ring bolts to be at 10lbs of torque and rebalanced but they shake like a nervous nelly past 40 like it’s off balance. I’ve heard these tires are a pain with balancing. Was just wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Thinking of going to the ridge grapplers.....

2. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Sorry to hear.
    Ya, i've heard some folks having some balancing issues when they start playing around with wheel and tire changes.
    I went a bit more conservative and really thought out my plan to not mess up the ride.

Upgraded to an 18" wheel and a 37" tire.

Other then going from a KO to a KM and i expected a bit firmer ride, it pretty much drives about the same and not having any balance issues ever at 100+

20180423_160700.jpg

20180423_160708.jpg

3. Jeff D

Jeff D Full Access Member

I had the KO's on my Gen 1 Raptor. I really liked the look on that truck. I too heard all the problems with this tire. I had them road forced balance from the get go and never had an issue. The unfortunate part for you is road force balancing isn't effective once the tire has road miles on it. I run Nitto's on my Gen 2. Love the performance but they are a tad bit noisy after about 16k.