FORScan Mods / help..

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Electronics' started by VT Raptor, Mar 17, 2017.

1. MrMaGnEtIc

MrMaGnEtIc Full Access Member

Changing the DRL's to ambers only will only work when the truck is in gear, not in park. Ias far as them staying on after you turn your truck on mine stay on for 30 seconds or so and turn off if I don't lock the vehicle. Good luck

2. MrMaGnEtIc

Reverse tilt mirrors only work if you select the mirror on your drivers side console that you want to tilt. It's not like GMC's that do it automatically(both mirrors) hope this helps

3. MrMaGnEtIc

Here's my truck in gear.....

IMG_6025.JPG

dinothedude likes this.
  4. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

True, Only works when you shift to anything but Park!

dinothedude likes this.
  5. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

Great input - thank you both..

dinothedude likes this.
  6. Spenc

Spenc Member Military

What upgrade did you do Rapere1? My former vehicle had a Bose sound system so I'm a little disappointed in the Sony.
    I get my scanner tomorrow so maybe turning off the "white noise" will help but would like to know what sound system upgrade you did.

7. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

8. CobraJunkie

CobraJunkie Active Member Military

Thanks MrMag. Did not know that. Yes, they work while in gear the way they should. The autotilt mirror setting is not working when either mirror is selected. My Venza works same. I'll go back and see if my bits are flipped correctly.

9. Spenc

Spenc Member Military

I bought the OBDLink MX Wifi so I could use Apple products to make these mods. I know I'm stubborn, I had to at least try to make these mods work using iOS. After trying it believe it's a waste of time. I tried Forscan for iOS, OBD Link, & OBDWiz and none of them could make mods. You could see plenty of pretty information but no mods!

So, I bought the OBDLink MX Wifi so I could use Apple products. With this version, viewing information on Apple products works just fine but if you want to actually make mods, you're going to need Windows. As I mentioned above, I tried several different iOS programs but could not make any modifications. Frustrated, I brought my work laptop (Windows) home, installed Forscan, got the extended license and turned off Fake Engine Noise in just over an hour. I didn't have any reliably or connection issues, either with iOS or Windows, with the wifi version.

I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs making my first mod (turn off fake engine noise). I'm sitting in the truck and Forscan looks to be locked up after I hit "write". I'm thinking, I just effed up my truck and suddenly the "pop" hits. I jumped so high, I just about hit my head on the sun roof. Rattled but relieved I cycle the ignition and take a test drive. What a beautiful non-sound!! It's so quiet now and I have to agree with everyone that the sound system sounds noticeably better. Now that the first one is done, I'll be making numerous changes...basically all the ones listed on this thread!

Thanks for all the posts guys, really helps!

10. MrMaGnEtIc

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet for a 2015 f250 super duty as far as FORSCAN changes that are similar to Livinitup's spreadsheet for the F-150's? Or are they the same muddle changes on a super duty? Any help would be much appreciated

11. Spenc

Spenc Member Military

I take it back, the OBDLink MX Wifi has serious connectivity issues. Just to make an auto start/stop disable mod and a mirror mod I had to connect about 5-6 times. It's very frustrating, so much so that I'm considering,sending it back and getting a Bluetooth model.

12. Zaid Dahabi

Zaid Dahabi Full Access Member

Recommended!

Spenc likes this.
  13. Spenc

Spenc Member Military

Sent it back, swapped it out for the OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

If I can't use Apple products to make changes, forcing me to use Windows, I might as well have a version of the OBDLink that works well.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  14. StatusPost

StatusPost Member

Thanks for this awesome post. Everything I wanted to modify worked except reverse mirror tilt. I have checked to ensure the DDM and PDM codes are correct. I am following the procedure as posted. The ignition is on. I press the memory button (both short press and long press). I select the driver side or passenger side mirror. I shift into reverse and nothing happens. The mirrors are not tilting down. Any suggestions?

15. CobraJunkie

CobraJunkie Active Member Military

I have the same issue with reverse auto tilt. I found this on the F150 forum and going to try today:

Originally Posted by tyler.hewitt [​IMG]
    I guess I left out some info. I am calibrating according this guide
    Try this:

1) Switch the ignition on
    2) Press the memory button
    3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
    4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
    5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
    6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
    7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
    8) Hold memory button again

However in step 4 my mirrors do not "automatically" tilt. Just looking for some help.

Move on to step 5 and adjust it to the position you would like.