Ford pass issues

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Electronics' started by Steve, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

I am receiving a 401 error when attempting to activate FordPass since I received my Raptor 14Apr2017. I called the support number and was on the phone about an hour with someone who should not have been on front line support. I attempted with my iPhone 6, iPad Air, & a few other devices (droid) before calling. All devices were up to date on the OS & application. All of the steps they asked me to follow were ones that I had already taken, but I did what was asked with the same result. The agent took my phone number saying that Ford would be calling me back within 5 days... 6 days since that call, and I am betting that no one calls.... Talk about a terrible experience with the most costly platform I have ever purchased. I am curious if this is an issue with all or is this a recent problem?

Is there anyone from Ford monitoring this forum that could assist?

-Steve

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  2. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

Your dealer should have set this all up with you before leaving the dealership. Go back to see your sales guy and they should walk through setup with you.

For all of the hype about it, it does very little. Remote lock/unlock, vehicle start and tell you how much gas you have. That said, it really just gives you more range with those features vs. your Fob.

3. Steve

Steve New Member

Spoke to the dealer and they too experience the same error within the app (401). While on the phone with a FordPass agent, they encounter numerous issues and were not helpful and it fealt as if they were not overly familiar with the solution. Regardless of what the app can do or its limited features, it should still work. It is more than frustrating that a feature that you are paying for is not functional.

4. TXRAPTR

TXRAPTR Full Access Member

I agree with Rapere, you should go back to your dealership and have them set this all up for you. You shouldn't have to hassle with it, mine was set up for me as I was picking up my truck from the dealership. On a side note, only because I can speak from experience, even though it may seem that the features are very simple in nature (unlock/lock & remote start primarily), I do have to say that the Ford product (Ford Pass) is by far the best in the business. I've had both GM and Dodge apps on my phone that were supposed to do the exact same thing, which they did, however conditions had to be perfect for access to satellite, meaning you pretty much had to be parked outside with good signal access. If you were in a one story parking garage, it would already be 50/50 if your remote start would work, two stories underground in a parking garage...never worked. With that said, I am amazed at the difference in reliability the Ford Pass has over the other two I have experienced. My building at work has a 5 story underground garage and I can get my remote start to work on that 5th floor underground, that really surprised me and impressed me based on my prior experiences with other like kind apps.

5. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

Mine is working just fine on my Samsung. And I like the extended range and such on it. Plus it alerts me when the alarm goes off. Damn dog. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

6. Rapere1

Rapere1 Full Access Member

The best part of mine was starting my new truck in the showroom at the dealer in Denver while i was in Dallas. They couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Ha!

7. Steve

Steve New Member

Still awaiting a call from Ford as promised... Tried a number of items other recommended from other forums, including a Master Reset... The problem is still occurring, looks like Ford forgot that they need to support the product and not just sell it.

IS there anyone on this forum that reports to Ford that could offer some assistance or at least who I can contact as my experience thus far is not stellar.

-Steve