Floor Mat Upgrades

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Redtime21, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Redtime21

Redtime21 Member

Hello Raptor owners.....has anyone purchased a custom or vehicle specific floor mat upgrade for the truck? I am looking for one, but want to make sure it completely covers the carpet and covers the all the way to the door or on that floor trim.

Post what you got and if your happy!

Pictures are a plus, I am sure I am not the only one looking. Thanks

2. PackNIron

PackNIron Active Member

It actually comes with great front and rear liners. Was planning to purchase aftermarket as well but once I saw the stock mats there was not need IMO.

Vikes91 likes this.
  3. VT Raptor

VT Raptor Full Access Member

I'd say the factory mats are good not great - the one thing that bothers me that has got me looking for aftermarket mats after 4k miles is the driver side mat does not go up under the pedals far enough especially under the throttle. Yes i see why maybe Ford decided to not put a mat under the throttle but seems HUSKEY and WEATHER TECH both do it without any problems.

Giorgiob likes this.
  4. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

put husky's in the front of mine. like them better than weather tech. not as slippery

5. VT Raptor

Yeah i was leaning towards the Huskys as well - i prefer the "rubber" over the "plastic" that weather tech uses.. Also find it easier to clean.

6. Redtime21

Redtime21 Member

I agree, the factory is a bit "thin" and doesn't cover as much of the carpet as I would like. I would like to know which one has the best coverage from a custom standpoint. thanks all.

7. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

My wife has the weather tech digifit in her explorer. I think my factory ones are just as good if not better. Don't get me wrong, living in Wyoming and i think both are very good products.

8. Wolfeman

Wolfeman Member

I will echo the comments about the factory mats not having enough coverage, especially under the pedals. I spent yesterday at my friend's farm helping him put in pit blinds for duck hunting. Talk about playing in the mud. My feet were covered in mud and I knew with the Husky mats that I didn't have to worry about getting the carpet underneath the mats dirty at all. When I got home, the Husky mats removed easy and cleaned up super easy with some tire and rubber cleaner.

I wanted to love the factory mats because the Raptor logo does look cool, but they just don't get the job done as well as the Husky X-act Contour mats.

Here are some pics for comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zaid Dahabi, blackhole and VT Raptor like this.
  9. VT Raptor

you just talked me into it!! thanks for the pics!

10. Wolfeman

Wolfeman Member

Let me add that the factory rear floor mat is very good and I'm not 100% sure that I would replace it again if I was ordering mats. The Husky Mat for the back has a little better coverage but it is thinner than the factory mat. Not really the same thickness as the front Husky mats.

Gdog likes this.
  11. PackNIron

PackNIron Active Member

Great post Wolf... just made me change my mind. Damn, thought I was done spending $$$$

12. Giorgiob

Giorgiob Full Access Member

What about the clip in pins on the floor? Did you have to remove them or does this just lay atop of them?

13. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

Look at the pics of the husky front mats wolfdude posted. They have been molded to fit with the floor pins..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Wolfeman likes this.
  14. Wolfeman

Wolfeman Member

Correct, the pins fit in the molded spots that you see in the mat. Perfect fit and they don't slide around at all.

15. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

correct