Easy Entry/Exit feature

Discussion in 'Interior' started by John Cater, Apr 28, 2018.

1. John Cater

John Cater Member

I have the 2018 Raptor. I have the easy entry/exit feature (or whatever it's called) enabled. When I turn off the engine, the driver seat does move back a tiny bit (the manual says 2 inches but it seems less than that). Anyway, 2 inches just isn't enough for me. I keep a gun on my side and when I slide in, my gun sometimes nicks the steering wheel if I'm not really careful.

Now, I hesitate to bring it up on this forum but . . . I owned a 2015 Corvette that I hated to sell but I needed a truck and couldn't afford both. Anyway, the driver seat in that car moved back about 4 inches when the ignition was switched off - which was really nice. My Raptor has MUCH more room to move back but it only moves back 2 inches? If Chevy can do it, Ford can do it. The question is, will Ford re-program our software so the seat moves back farther (about 4 inches total) when the ignition is switched off (and stays back until the ignition is switched back on or the engine restarted)?

Ford, are you out there? Can you help me out?

2. Vikes91

Vikes91 Well-Known Member Military

I find that feature useless for me. Now my wife loves it because she sits closer to the steering wheel. As for your question, why would ford change it? If they wanted it to go back farther they would have programmed it that way from the beginning. Maybe your Vette did it because there was no back seat.

3. redtail17

redtail17 Full Access Member

When you turn ignition off, is your steering wheel returning to full up and in position? That feature can be controlled in the information display.

4. JerkyChew

JerkyChew New Member

Modify one of the 3 seat memory settings to be further back, and click that right before you shut off the truck?

5. John Cater

John Cater Member

Follow up . . . I took it back to the dealership. One of the salespeople there was kind enough to verify that there was a problem with the programming. For some reason, the seat was only moving back about one inch for the easy exit and sometimes it was moving back up into my normal position (position 1) as soon as I touched the door handle - cramping me. Easy fix and all is working well now. Another inch or two would be nice though . . . at least that's what my wife says :)