Catch can

Discussion in 'Engine Performance and Mods' started by SMnative, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Low Rider

Low Rider Active Member

Hi Guys, I had the UPR dual action installed on mine. And yes, right off the bat is does throw a code, that being crankcase ventilation sensor. I had about 2000 miles on mine when it was installed and about one week later the light came on. I now have close to 10,000 miles on it and has only gone off 3 times. The last time 3000 miles between incidents. UPR was contacted and they are working on a fix. I check mine about every 2000 miles and about the same amount of oil as in the above video has been captured. Right, wrong or indifferent I just reset it with a code reader. So my two options are, deal with the reset, or put it back to factory. And yes it is the drivers side that causes the problem.

2. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

There is no need for the catch can - it was good on the 2010-2016, but not needed on 17+. Definitely just leave it alone and not give any reason for the dealer to deny the warranty.

3. Charley Force

Charley Force New Member

I put well over 10,000 miles on my new UPR catch can on the 2018 screw fairly abusive miles only a few ounces though disappointed

4. bravo3eco

bravo3eco Full Access Member

Exactly. It is a complete waste of money. Stay stock.